Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
lagard
lagard began at the beginning.

Device: none
(e)Book designer

Hola - I am a long time project manager and designer in the book publishing industry. It's time I get on board with the e-thang.
lagard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
R J Askew
Swift One
R J Askew began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
book designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagard View Post
Hola - I am a long time project manager and designer in the book publishing industry. It's time I get on board with the e-thang.

Hi mate, I am the author of an e book and have designed my own cover. May i please tempt you to take a look and tell me how to improve it please? I will not change the basic concept, but one close to me tells me the colours might not do justice to the subject, also the typography is not exaactly bossing the online piste.

The central shape is fixed, otherwise I am putty in your hands. The book is selling, but I have not advertised it as yet. I will soon, but I wonder if I should attend to the cover first?

An author designed cover clearly may have great cachet if it works. But does it work? Be as frank as you like, I am not precious, just want to shift some copies.

Ron
R J Askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi lagard and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, lagard
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
R J Askew
Swift One
R J Askew began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Taps foot anxiously in anticipation of your eventual reply ... you have to sacrifice your life to this onlinerly and I suspect you are still clinging to your hold on the real world and sanity! But this vacuuminous void will win you, as it did me. Sigh. But then looking outside at the greyness of a recession-bound London, perhaps this inner world does feel a little warmer. *bows*
(Promotion deleted - MODERATOR)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-18-2011 at 08:32 AM.
R J Askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Hi and welcome to MobileRead! You have my dream job!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote