Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
CWS
CWS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Charging Kindle

I'm brand new to this "thread" process . . . but I'm desparate.

My Kindle screen tells me that "Your battery is empty. To continue using your Kindle, connect to a power source. It may take a few minutes of charging before your Kindle starts."

So, I plugged in the Kindle and the red light never appeared so it has never charged. Could someone please help me?
CWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS View Post
I'm brand new to this "thread" process . . . but I'm desparate.

My Kindle screen tells me that "Your battery is empty. To continue using your Kindle, connect to a power source. It may take a few minutes of charging before your Kindle starts."

So, I plugged in the Kindle and the red light never appeared so it has never charged. Could someone please help me?
Hi cws........go here.......click on the "contact us" button on the right. You'll have to sign into your account, then choose the "phone me" option.......they'll call you right back within minutes and walk you thru whatever problem you're having.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470

Please post back and let us know what you discovered......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Did you plug your Kindle into your computer usb port or to the AC wall plug? Kindles do not charge well from the usb port. Also you may need to wiggle the plug a little into your Kindle. I find that mine does not alway engage the first time.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi CWS and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and let us know if Amazon solves your problem
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote