Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-15-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Cool iRex new eink device

Since i didn't find any reference here in the forum here's what i have found out from a friend of a friend of someone who is on the inside

This seems to be the almost final version of the device.
The device will use a 8.1 XGA (1024x768) eink screen with a contrast similar to the one from the Librie (8-10, newspaper being 6-8).
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This is a pretty exciting development. I usually read ebooks on my Treo, and it works well for me despite the tiny screen because it's always with me. But this is the sort of device that could win me over to a dedicated ebook reader. If only the bookmarks could automatically sync, so I can read one book on multiple devices and not have to keep remembering and manually refinding my place with a text search!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

The device will run on Linux, and it seems they will provide all the necessary information to allow the more "skilled" users to develop their apps.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #4
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Wow, that's a beautiful shot. I think the screen size makes this win out over the Hanlin offering as my new most-highly-anticipated ebook device.

Did your friend happen to have any more information on a release date or pricing? All I've heard is early 2006 in Europe.
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:56 AM   #5
Henrycat
Zealot

Update

* 16 levels of gray (librie has 4)

* rechargable battery lasts 1 week when you're reading 3 hours per day

* "internet content" can be displayed (alas no browsing)

* WiFi + USB connectivity

Thanks to Sven Neuhaus in the Librie Yahoo group.
Advert
Old 12-16-2005, 10:35 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrycat
Update

* 16 levels of gray (librie has 4)

* rechargable battery lasts 1 week when you're reading 3 hours per day

* "internet content" can be displayed (alas no browsing)

* WiFi + USB connectivity

Thanks to Sven Neuhaus in the Librie Yahoo group.
Any estimate on pricing? It looks gorgeous!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Any estimate on pricing? It looks gorgeous!
Well, given that you can theoretically link via USB a Librie and a Nokia 770 to meet the specifications of the Illiad (the Nokia provides Wifi), I would hope the price be under $700.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote