Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Does anybody use the preset options in Adjust View?

I'm just curious. I find the preset options - Saturated, Details, etc. useless. They all seem to make the text harder to read. Is it just my eyes?
(I do sometimes use the custom-adjust feature.)
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
My custom view on the 650 is:

+ 55 (for the top selection, half dark / half light circle)

- 60 (for the bottom selection, sun shape)

And these settings provide good clarity for me.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah, I've found some custom numbers that work for me.

I just don't see the point of any of the presets and was wondering if they work for anybody - just curiosity.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I use the presets... they seem fine for me... but everybody is different... use what you feel comfortable with I expect the presets are there just to get new users started
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
4691mls
Wizard

Interesting to hear that they do work for somebody. Maybe it's just my eyes. To me, one preset seems way too light, another way too dark, etc. Too bad I can't just delete them and save my favorite custom numbers permanently!
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Interesting to hear that they do work for somebody. Maybe it's just my eyes. To me, one preset seems way too light, another way too dark, etc. Too bad I can't just delete them and save my favorite custom numbers permanently!
Another advantage of the x50 readers once PRS+ is installed. It lets you set the custom just hitting a "restore" button to what you set under Options, much more convenient than fiddling with the sliders every book.

And I find all the preset ones absolutely useless for my eyes as well.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I didn't mean to imply that I thought the presets were good... in fact I adjust them for each book to my own liking... it only takes a minute...they are there so someone who may not know what "saturation" is to be able to read a book right out of the box
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
I didn't mean to imply that I thought the presets were good... in fact I adjust them for each book to my own liking... it only takes a minute...they are there so someone who may not know what "saturation" is to be able to read a book right out of the box

The true default setting, out of the box without selecting any options, is actually not bad. However, I wouldn't be able to use any of those preset options under "customize view" to read a book right out of the box - one's way too light, another way too dark, etc. I wonder why they set the presets at such extremes.

But I suppose everyone's eyes are different, so probably what looks way too light to me works for somebody.