Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
silverspade
silverspade began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Aldiko

Hello folks,

I picked up a vox last friday, its my first eReader. Anyways I was wondering why reading life doesn't track stats if I read through aldiko?
silverspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Because Reading Life only works with the Kobo app which it was designed for. It has to pull data from Kobo proper to share it.

You're basically asking why your Status Update in Facebook isn't updating your Google+ profile. Different systems, without a common link between the two to allow interaction.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
silverspade

Thank you Haesslich for your reply, that clears things up. I do prefer to read with the kobo app, but I find that the kobo store has less to offer in terms of free books. I like to get my books off of feedbooks.com but I can't access them with the kobo app sadly.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you try 'Import Books' from Kobo after downloading those ePub files from Feedbooks? That'll copy files from non-Kobo Store sources into Kobo.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
silverspade

No I did not try that, I never knew there was an option. Ill try searching for that and get back to you.
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
silverspade

I found the import books and it worked successfully. I am a very happy reader now, many thanks to you Haesslich. This solves my problem entirely. I only started using Aldiko because it had access to feedbooks. But, I was very disappointed when I realized it did not track my stats in kobo. I prefer reading in kobo, but was upset that I could not access feedbooks.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
Haesslich
Fanatic

No problem. Just remember that importing/sideloading books is one thing that this version of the Kobo app does pretty well. If you can download the ePub through the browser or Aldiko, you can drag it into Kobo.

Of course, I also ended up using Kobo to buy a bunch of books I've been hunting down a while....