Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
zhou13
zhou13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
HELP!!! My kindle dxg will auto eject when copy file into it.

The windows7 can recongize kindle dxg and show it. But When I copy some big file into it(>=1m?) , kindle dxg will auto eject from windows.... But small file is ok.

I have run chkdsk and it returns that the filesystem is fine.
I also tried format, back to factory. But they were all useless.
zhou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
Ah yes, you probably get poor transfer rates as well! Here are a few things to check, should probably do so in this order:

- Try the kindle on another computer and see if it works there
- If it doesn't work on the other computer, check the USB cable for damage

If it works on other computers but not your computer:
- Plug the kindle USB cable directly into your computer's USB port on the back (don't use a front panel/hub/extension/monitor port)
- Unplug other USB devices, and try other USB ports (multiple high powered USB devices may cause issues on some systems)
- If your computer has 2 usb interfaces (usb 3.0 and older usb 2.0/1, use the usb 2.0)
- Go into your bios (del/f2/whatever at startup) and enable hi-speed USB settings and make sure nothing strange is going on in there
- Update your computer's chipset drivers (specifically, USB drivers)
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Also check to make sure that the usb port is not set to power down - some power savings settings will turn off the usb port. Maybe after a LONG transfer of a larger doc it is going into standby mode.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Also, I'd be cautious about running Chkdsk. The Kindle isn't a Windows device, and a Windows utility like Chkdsk might not be appropriate for its internal drive.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:41 AM   #5
cyysky
cyysky began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
I also face this problem...
cyysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 02:54 AM   #6
cyysky
cyysky began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
you know what?
The problem begin by update the suck original amanzon suckware 2.5.7 update.
When I try to roll back to 2.5.5, and I found no option to do so. My kindle became useless thank for that "UPDATE" cause cannot copy big file.

No choice and I give the Duokan v.1231 a try. The problem Solve. Suck amazon firmware waste the time of all of us. I think better way is amazon just sell kindle without os. And let us install debian inside...

Anyway, I found that the original firmware is 1.5mb/s and causing crash. I guess maybe a related between the speed. I use duokan firmware is 800kb/s then it work fine.
cyysky is offline   Reply With Quote