Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 03:06 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Can't download firmware from 'theezreader.com'

I just went there looking for firmware and all the downloads show "undefined".
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #2
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
I can see the identification fine at The EZreader site. It is the third one down.

Otherwise try the Astak site at http://www.astak.com/downloadcenter.asp

Also I think Robert said somewhere that another newer firmware would be out in about a week.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The newer one is mentioned here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=60053&page=2
Old 11-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I do not understand the removal of released software from the download. There should always be an archive in case the user needs to backup and reload an earlier release due to problems with the new release. A certainly, why remove firmware downloads while they are still current.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
RobertB
Listen to DaleDE he has the right idea. Put the latest at the top of the LIST.

Since we all use our reader differently, one persons fix may be anthers OMG you ruined X mode.
BTW have them make a separate pages by MODEL to avoid confusion
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

A change log for each update would be good to have also.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
A change log for each update would be good to have also.
Certainly although Jinke doesn't always provide this data. Take the latest release of 10/15. They didn't indicate anything new. From looking at the about screen the only section that was changed was the bookshelf firmware, none of the eBook Readers changed. Perhaps this is just a bug fix of some sort, maybe related to the promised battery change. (Although I haven't seen any battery problems since the release of about a month ago)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I do not understand the removal of released software from the download. There should always be an archive in case the user needs to backup and reload an earlier release due to problems with the new release. A certainly, why remove firmware downloads while they are still current.
I agree completely. However, I doubt that they've removed anything. I was getting the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago when I was checking to see if the new Jinke firmware release of 10/15 had made it to the Astak site also. And at that point (when I was getting the 'undefined' stuff) someone else said they had no problem seeing it. And not to long after, I was getting the proper pages again also. Quite strange, but I doubt that they've removed anything yet.

But I agree, they should keep archival builds available SOMEWHERE on the web site. They probably don't want to because of support issues. That's why I'm keeping my own archival copies of every release I see.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #9
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
I agree completely. However, I doubt that they've removed anything. I was getting the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago when I was checking to see if the new Jinke firmware release of 10/15 had made it to the Astak site also. And at that point (when I was getting the 'undefined' stuff) someone else said they had no problem seeing it. And not to long after, I was getting the proper pages again also. Quite strange, but I doubt that they've removed anything yet.

Yeah well, it was still saying "undefined" last night for me on a different machine/different browser, but today it works. Most strange.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote