Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Which is strange that is not factory defaults.
Not really that strange. That's been the behavior since the very first Kindles. Firmware is firmware. It's unaffected by resets.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #47
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post

Does your KFHD lose 1-2% just sitting overnight? Otherwise my new one is much better. I don't have drastic battery drop like I did on the old one.
In all honesty I don't know. I usually charge at night. But on standby that wouldn't surprise me - especially if your WiFi is on.

Also, I agree with the previous poster. I wouldn't expect the restore factory defaults to impact firmware.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #48
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Amazon bought Audible so now when I log into Audible I log in using my Amazon credentials. I mention this because I'm wondering if that's why both seem to have your credit card information...if you log into Audible using your Amazon account that's the link.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #49
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
Amazon bought Audible so now when I log into Audible I log in using my Amazon credentials. I mention this because I'm wondering if that's why both seem to have your credit card information...if you log into Audible using your Amazon account that's the link.
They link both Amazon and Audible together. They don't (Audible) even allow separate accounts anymore from what I have read. They make sure you sign in with your Amazon account from the beginning of my contract (a year ago). But never realized I couldn't break the 2 accounts apart until I finished contract.
new is offline   Reply With Quote