Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2018, 04:25 AM   #91
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Just for clarification: Does nightmode.ini still need to be installed for the invertScreen patch to work?
Nope, I don't have this ini and the patch nevertheless works perfectly.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #92
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
For those who enable this patch if you have the screen inverted before enabling the check box next to this option will be blank. Checking it does nothing the first time but unchecking it sets the screen back to normal and then checking it a third time gets your screen inverted again. So don’t panic if the box for the setting isn’t enabled when the feature is. It’ll sort itself out.
That's quite unusual. I thought I fixed that already. I'll try to see if it is being checked anywhere else later today.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2018, 09:32 AM   #93
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That's quite unusual. I thought I fixed that already. I'll try to see if it is being checked anywhere else later today.
It’s a pretty minor thing really. And once you get the check and inverting in sync they stay in sync. I imagine most people coming to this patch won’t even notice
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #94
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
I've released patches v26 with a new "Change pop-up footnote font-family" patch by me

This patch was made at the request of jackie_w:

You're welcome! The reason why it didn't work for you is that even though the RegularTouchLabel is used in the ConfirmationDialog, the ConfirmationDialog>#text styling overrides it.
I don't exactly remember how it is in footnotes with the original font, but after applying the patch to change the font family, formatting like italics is not shown in the footnote window. Is there a way to have the patched font family and the original formatting?

Also, could someone post some step-by-step instructions on how to increase the font size in footnotes?

Thanks!
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #95
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I don't exactly remember how it is in footnotes with the original font, but after applying the patch to change the font family, formatting like italics is not shown in the footnote window. Is there a way to have the patched font family and the original formatting?
As far as I know the footnote pop-up content has always displayed as plain text with no formatting. You need to press the 'See more' button to see the fully-styled footnote text.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #96
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
I have released patches v28 with a new "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen" patch by me.

This patch replaces the "Adobe EPUB page numbers" setting in "Reading settings" with a "Invert screen".

Spoiler:
Code:
Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen:
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Replaces the adobe page numbers toggle in reading settings with an invert
      screen one.
  # Note: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/jeremy-allen-cs/c93bd333b5b585c2b840/raw/772efa2851189d1fd0fd41a2dfd95b688bd7d96e/arm_blx_encode.py is useful when changing these instructions.
  # in a subroutine of N3SettingsReadingView::setupUi(Widget) (found backwards from FeatureSettings::getShowAdobePageNumbers()):
  # change ReadingSettings::getShowAdobePageNumbers() to FeatureSettings::invertScreen()
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x84AD58, FindH: C7 F7 A0 E6, ReplaceH: D3 F7 DE E1}
  # in N3SettingsReadingController::showAdobePageNumbersToggled():
  # change ReadingSettings::getShowAdobePageNumbers() to FeatureSettings::invertScreen()
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x849396, FindH: C9 F7 82 E3, ReplaceH: D4 F7 C0 E6}
  # and ReadingSettings::setShowAdobePageNumbers(bool) to FeatureSettings::setInvertScreen(bool)
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x8493A2, FindH: CE F7 E2 E4, ReplaceH: D4 F7 EA E2}
  # then change the text in the settings page
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "Show Adobe EPUB page numbers", Replace: "Invert screen"}

On a side note, if anyone wants to see my kobopatch configuration, it is here: https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch-config

Ooohhh lovely! Thank you!!

Quote:
No problem! I'm planning to make 1 patch per week from now on.

😱🥰

Hmmm how about https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310702 😇
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #97
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina Schein View Post
Is it possible to create the patch for Progressive-H?
Done. And you can use it with 4.11.11980 and 4.11.11982.
If you find any... don't hesitate.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #98
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The patches are now out for 4.11.11982.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Ooohhh lovely! Thank you!!

Hmmm how about https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=310702 😇
No problem! As for that patch, it is quite a bit trickier than it seems due to the way callbacks and event handlers work in QT. There's a small chance I might be able to do it, though.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #99
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I have a suggestion about patches. Why not make a patch request thread? That way we all can see what has been requested and done without having to look through presumably a bunch of ‘instructions on patching ‘whatever version’ firmware’
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:14 AM   #100
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have a suggestion about patches. Why not make a patch request thread? That way we all can see what has been requested and done without having to look through presumably a bunch of ‘instructions on patching ‘whatever version’ firmware’

Good idea!

Quote:
The patches are now out for 4.11.11982.

No problem! As for that patch, it is quite a bit trickier than it seems due to the way callbacks and event handlers work in QT. There's a small chance I might be able to do it, though.

Ahh sorry, I thought it would be a simple thing. Don’t spend too much time on it! And thank you SO much for looking in the first place and having a go at it!
Old 11-16-2018, 07:55 PM   #101
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
There is now a new kobopatch request thread, which consolidates all the requests for patches and major kobopatch features.

I have tried my best to collect all the requests from before scattered around the threads, and if I missed anything, please tell me.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:40 AM   #102
Mrs_Often
Wizard

That must have been a lot of work!!
Old 11-18-2018, 12:38 AM   #103
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Done. And you can use it with 4.11.11980 and 4.11.11982.
If you find any... don't hesitate.
Good luck.
Thanks lot, @jcn363. Your patcher works great on both of my devices (Kobo Aura H2O 1st and 2nd Edition [version 1]).
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching