Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
crionox
Enthusiast
crionox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, iPhone, iPad
kindle arriving early

I just checked my email and was excited to see that my Kindle has shipped over a week earlier than I was previously notified. My "official" arrival date from Amazon was to be next Friday, January 11th. It actually shipped out today and is slated to arrive on Wednesday, January 3rd. This may not be the norm for upcoming or impending orders, but then again maybe they are starting to catch up with their backlog of orders. Just wanted to pass along the (hopefully) encouraging word.

David
crionox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:53 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
great news David, let us know when it arrives
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
ctitanic
Enthusiast
ctitanic is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsug Q1 UMPC
crionox, when did you place your order?
ctitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
crionox
Enthusiast

My order was placed on 11/28. Just checked UPS and it should be arriving tomorrow (it was delayed a day due to new years).

David
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
ctitanic
Enthusiast

That's what I found, they about a month behind. They were shipping the last December 29th orders placed on November 29th.
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Reading the comments on Amazon some are having quite a hard time waiting 30 days to receive their Kindles.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
crionox
Enthusiast

It Came!

Well, the UPS guy delivered my Kindle this afternoon. And I have a feeling that my productivity (I work from home) is about to go way down for a while...

I must say that the Kindle is much less bulky in person that it appears in the photos. It's very small, and a nice size. The presentation of the device is also very nice, and so far I'm definitely liking it! Tested most of the main features, although I still have more playing around to do.

I made myself promise that I wouldn't play with it anymore until after 6pm today, in order to force myself to get some work done. I'm a slave-driver...

David
Old 01-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Congrats on finally getting it! Take look at the tips and tricks section here in the forums for some extra hints. I think you'll find that you'll really love your new Kindle...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #9
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Reading the comments on Amazon some are having quite a hard time waiting 30 days to receive their Kindles.
As an example, this thread on the Amazon forum is hilarious:

Got the down home waiting on my Kindle to ship blues?
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

I hope my second one ships soon. Ordered it on December 4th. I got my first one so quickly after I ordered it the day after it was released.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #11
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I hope my second one ships soon. Ordered it on December 4th. I got my first one so quickly after I ordered it the day after it was released.
I beat you by two days (ordered 12/2) and just checking the Amazon site, it is now listed as shipping on 1/24, arrival date 1/18. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #12
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I beat you by two days (ordered 12/2) and just checking the Amazon site, it is now listed as shipping on 1/24, arrival date 1/18. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Yes let's! I don't see any ship date at all on my order page.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #13
ctitanic
Enthusiast

My account now is not showing any estimated shipping date? What that means? I placed the order the last December 13th?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #14
WilliamG
Addict

No idea....

Mine is now shipping soon, and the order can no longer be canceled.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #15
ctitanic
Enthusiast

I got an email yesterday saying that my ESD is by the End of January.