Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-05-2018, 05:31 AM   #526
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Hi! I've tried to install a KSM9 special version for Clara on Kobo Forma and it works.
You are very brave! As you might know, you can change the font size of the menu with "configure". Font size must be terrible small now.

Thank you for reporting!

Edit: Do you have any recommendation for the default font size for forma?

Last edited by tshering; 11-05-2018 at 05:46 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:39 AM   #527
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post

Edit: Do you have any recommendation for the default font size for forma?
It should be bigger for sure, something like 1.5 times bigger.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:26 PM   #528
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
It should be bigger for sure, something like 1.5 times bigger.
Which size did you choose?
Old 11-14-2018, 06:46 PM   #529
ello
ello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheeseello can extract oil from cheese

Device: H2O2
Quote:
I might have a chance to look into it at the first weekend of November.
Have you found the time to look into it yet?
ello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:30 AM   #530
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ello View Post
Have you found the time to look into it yet?
Somehow! I put together a simple and safe means to determine the most important settings for the different devices. As soon as users provide me with the necessary information, I can start to prepare the next version of KSM. If you would like to contribute and something is unclear just ask me.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #531
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Connect via USBNet

I have set up KSM09 on a Glo. I have enabled USBNet and can connect to the web interface at http://192.168.2.101:8087/rmc_test.html once rmc has been started.

I now want to be able to connect to the Kobo using ftp or sftp. Using WINSCP when I try to connect using sftp it fails with the message :

Quote:
The server rejected SFTP connection, but it listens for FTP connections.
If I try to connect to http://192.168.2.101 port 21 it wants credentials. Do I need a username/password and if so what are they ? If not just how should I connect in order to transfer files etc ? I used to use WINSCP to connect to a BeBook running Openinkpot and assumes this would be similar.

One post from a few years back suggests that if using sftp I should set the sftp server path to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server but that doesn't work probably as there is no .kobo/usbnet on the device. (the advice was from an earlier version of KSM).

Any thoughts anyone ?

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 11-27-2018 at 01:14 PM. Reason: To correct spelling of "once"
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:36 PM   #532
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I have set up KSM09 on a Glo. I have enabled USBNet and can connect to the web interface at http://192.168.2.101:8087/rmc_test.html once rmc has been started.

I now want to be able to connect to the Kobo using ftp or sftp. Using WINSCP when I try to connect using sftp it fails with the message :

If I try to connect to http://192.168.2.101 port 21 it wants credentials. Do I need a username/password and if so what are they ? If not just how should I connect in order to transfer files etc ? I used to use WINSCP to connect to a BeBook running Openinkpot and assumes this would be similar.

One post from a few years back suggests that if using sftp I should set the sftp server path to /mnt/onboard/.kobo/usbnet/sftp-server but that doesn't work probably as there is no .kobo/usbnet on the device. (the advice was from an earlier version of KSM).

Any thoughts anyone ?

BobC
I think you need the following:I have to admit that I never tried this myself.

Last edited by tshering; 11-27-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #533
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
I think you need the following:I have to admit that I never tried this myself.
Thanks for that - as I see it unless I want to use the web interface to control KSM then there is little advantage in using USBNet over a straight USB connection that allows me to do all my file manipulation as I would without KSM.

After some further checks with USBnet running I cannot see ftp on the Kobo port 21 so it looks like I was been fooled into thinking it was running and all I needed was credentials to allow me to connect.

I've added vlasovsoft to the Kobo but as someone with no interest in games I doubt if it will get used - the idea of having Coolreder available did seem useful but in reality it doesn't offer anything that KOreader doesn't and the reason I wanted that in the first place was for djvu documents.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:18 AM   #534
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for that - as I see it unless I want to use the web interface to control KSM then there is little advantage in using USBNet over a straight USB connection that allows me to do all my file manipulation as I would without KSM.
One advantage of USBNet is that you can also get access to the non-user partition.
Quote:
After some further checks with USBnet running I cannot see ftp on the Kobo port 21 so it looks like I was been fooled into thinking it was running and all I needed was credentials to allow me to connect.
I forgot to mention. To get ftp working, you can for instancer install the package you can find here.
Quote:
I've added vlasovsoft to the Kobo but as someone with no interest in games I doubt if it will get used - the idea of having Coolreder available did seem useful but in reality it doesn't offer anything that KOreader doesn't and the reason I wanted that in the first place was for djvu documents.

BobC
I mentioned vlasovsoft because it provides dropbear.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #535
hypnotic
hypnotic began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I tried to install KSM 9 on Kobo Aura One, and after the second step after the update, i got message "Critical error. Factory reset your eReader?" I did everything right, any clues why this happenned? I'm little scared to try again, but i really need koreader on my Kobo, thanks
hypnotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:21 AM   #536
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotic View Post
I tried to install KSM 9 on Kobo Aura One, and after the second step after the update, i got message "Critical error. Factory reset your eReader?" I did everything right, any clues why this happenned? I'm little scared to try again, but i really need koreader on my Kobo, thanks
You can try Alternate installation method based on KFMon.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:14 PM   #537
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
I did everything right, any clues why this happenned?
Well, I know I'll sound a bit harsh, but a big chance is you didn't do everything right.

I recently (about 4-5 months ago) did the same and everything went fine. Here you can find my post when I installed it and what was bothering me.

So, I would suggest you do factory reset and try again, noting what you do, step by step.

Or, is there maybe some big change that could cause something like this? Or, maybe, there's something that went wrong with hypnotic's device specifically.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:45 PM   #538
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
When you get this message it shows that the file system is corrupt. If you did not yet factory reset your device, you better do it now.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:14 PM   #539
The_Immortal
Connoisseur
The_Immortal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD, KOBO AURA ONE
Quote:
However, avoid FW 3.16.10 and 3.17.0 if you can because of the sickel issue
Guys, could someone explain what does "sickel issue" mean? Didn't find anything about it even thru Google.

Thank you!

Last edited by The_Immortal; 12-10-2018 at 08:22 PM.
The_Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:41 AM   #540
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Immortal View Post
Guys, could someone explain what does "sickel issue" mean? Didn't find anything about it even thru Google.

Thank you!
if i recall correctly, sickel makes the Kobo reboot when a process takes longer than sickel expects, so running modified firmware is a sure way to make sickel activate.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote