Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
But can Writer or Word create PDFs from a collection of HTML files with links between them (and keep the links in the PDF)? And do they honour the linked CSS?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #17
masterwpd
masterwpd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi, the following online converter produces nice results for the problem. They seem to be better than the standard Calibre conversion:

http://www.go4epub.com/

Especially the margins at page top and bottom are better
masterwpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
midea
midea began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
If unfortunately you do not have eReader or applications available on your computer or mobile devices that support ePub, you can convert ePub files to a format compatible for your computer or mobile devices and then open them.
midea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #19
Janet16
Enthusiast
Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Janet16 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The enolsoft PDF creator can convert the Epub to PDF. But it only have Mac version, don't know which operation system are you on.
Janet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
I tried go4epub last night on an ePub book I downloaded and it worked great!! It had the sidebar with the TOC and everything!! Then today I tried it on a Mobi book I converted via Calibre and it was a major fail. It came out so tiny - maybe 1/4 inch wide if that. I even tried using go4epub version of Mobi to Epub and then to PDF with the same result. I can't tell if Calibre inserted something in there that prevented it from being converted successfully or if the font (Liberation Sans) is the problem.

I tried opening the Epub in Sigil to find the Font and I can't find the Font family in there under the Stylesheet.CSS.

I opened the other book that converted successfully and it was a "true" Epub - meaning that it had not been converted with Calibre. Still, it seems strange that should make a difference.

There's not really a contact button on their webpage, just on the pop up and it looks like it's in German or something.

The PyCrypto method didn't work either. I didn't know that was based on Calibre too. I also tried to trick the Epub by inserting the Clean Epub stylesheet CSS into the Calibre converted stylesheet CSS. I've had that work when I couldn't get rid of some Block formatting before.

Last edited by allowingtoo; 05-01-2013 at 10:39 AM.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub conversion, formatting, kindle, pdf conversion