Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #2056
mwr6348
mwr6348 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
The Positive Effects of Insomnia on the Human Mind is now available on Amazon! A transgressive tale about bad luck and survival.

mwr6348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #2057
Lomyldur
Lomyldur began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi , I'm new to this forum (hence "Hi ") and I'd like to talk to you, my fellow authors and readers, about my book.

First of all, technically it's not a book but two short stories (17-18 pages long) and this weekend they are for FREE on amazon. How much are they? You read correctly. THEY ARE FREE. Awesome.

They both come from my series "Shopping for Ghosts and Other Unusualities" which I hope to release soon. Both stories are about different tasks that Dominic, a young lad with some unusual skills, gets; and he can get you, generally, anything (for a reasonable price and within the boudary of good taste, of course).

In the first one, "Shopping for Ghosts", a customer wants to acquire a - you guessed it! - ghost to scare his neighbour. But it is not that easy to find a proper ghost - the client wants a cut-off head and ghostly chains but at the same time the spectre cannot be a coarse and ill-mannered simple thief but a proper gentleman. Why? I'm not going to say and that's not really relevant - the point is the story is great. In my opinion at least and I hope that you'll come to similar conclusion!

In the second one, Competition, Dominic has to get a unicorn for his customer's daughter - again, not as easy as fairytales made you believe - and at the same time there is a new shop in town, claiming they can get there customers "anything". There's going to be some action and plot twists and oh-my-gods-I-did-not-expect-thats. And if you did expect that and are not satisfied with those two short tales, there are no refunds - SINCE IT'S FREE THIS WEEKEND ANYWAY.

http://amzn.to/LgNnWo "Shopping for Ghosts"

http://amzn.to/J8TrkY "Competition"

Oh, and if you've missed, my poor little thing, this awesome FREE promotion, both stories cost 0.99$ anyway, so it's not that much (amazon won't let me sell it cheaper ;D). And if there are (I hope that, by the time you are reading this, there are) some positive reviews you might consider buying it!

Hoping for some positive reviews,

Adam Betley

Last edited by Lomyldur; 05-19-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Lomyldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #2058
Christy Dorrity
Christy Dorrity began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
2012 Book Blogger's Cookbook

The second volume of The Book Blogger's Cookbook is available now and it is on KDP free promotion today and tomorrow. It has 17 reviews and 4.5 stars. Please take a look and spread the word to those who love books and food!

http://www.amazon.com/2012-Book-Blog...7690287&sr=8-1
Great books, bloggers, and recipes meet in this second volume of a fresh and unique cookbook that helps you experience books, not just read them. This year's volume features even more tasty reads, recipes and book bloggers.

Books were selected from the author’s book review blog and paired with delectable recipes like “Caramel Crack” from Shatter Me, by Tahereh Mafi, "Everliving Soup" from Brodi Ashton's Everneath, and "Jagged Ham" from Elana Johnson's Possession.
Mouthwatering photos complement every recipe.

The 2012 Book Blogger’s Cookbook includes a foreword by David Farland, award winning, New York Times Bestselling author, and showcases more than one hundred reviews with links to book review blogs and author websites.

Whether you're a food lover, an avid reader or a book blogger, there’s something for you in The 2011 Book Blogger’s Cookbook.
Christy Dorrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #2059
Cliff Ball
Zealot
Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cliff Ball ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Enjoy time travel and sci-fi lite without all of the annoying technobabble? Then check out my novel, Out of Time, that is only $.99 just on Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Time-trave.../dp/B006GDO3BC

Compelling Time Travel Saga May 21, 2012
By James A. Anderson
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
This is a wonderful time travel novella.

You get to go back to some famous events in American and world history: The Wounded Knee Massacre, Sinking of the Titanic, JFK's assassination, and more with some highly original and unique alternative timelines.

This is well written and compelling, page-turning stuff. Ball poses some interesting thoughts about how government could mess up the world if it ever got its hands on such a time device. It's fun to read about it, but let's just hope it never happens.

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, just disappointed it ended too soon.

James A. Anderson, Author
London, Ontario Canada
Cliff Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #2060
rysham
rysham began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Journal

On July 8th, 2010, 26 year-old Sarah Withers went missing. No clues were found relating to her disappearance, and there were no credible witnesses. In December of that year, the remains of a body, believed to be that of Sarah Withers, were found in a shallow grave behind an abandoned home in a deserted strip of mostly condemned and dilapidated houses.
DNA results were inconclusive and all that was found in the area was a journal inside of the abandoned house next door to the lot where the body was found. Little information is known of the man who wrote this journal, outside of his name...

This is my first book actually published (Okay, full disclosure: It's more of a short story), so pardon me while I get used to the whore-like nature of self promotion.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out and it's only 99 cents, so there's no risk if you think it sucks. It's a quick read. Even a slow reader like me can knock this thing out in probably an hour and a half.

It's available through Amazon (Kindle-only) right now:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085Q6U1O/...reative=380549
rysham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #2061
KTBryan
KTBryan began at the beginning.

The EDGE Of Trust

My book The EDGE Of Trust (romantic suspense) is going to be free (Kindle) on Friday May 25th at Amazon. After that, it will be priced at $2.99. I have 32 five-star reviews so far and am waiting on my USA Today review to come in. This is book one in a four + book series. Exciting times to be an author!

Here's the link in case you'd like a copy: (I don't don't how to make the link shorter, sorry!)

http://www.amazon.com/THE-EDGE-TRUST...7878815&sr=8-1

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EOT BEST COVER w yellow.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	86828  
KTBryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #2062
rysham
rysham began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysham View Post
The Journal

On July 8th, 2010, 26 year-old Sarah Withers went missing. No clues were found relating to her disappearance, and there were no credible witnesses. In December of that year, the remains of a body, believed to be that of Sarah Withers, were found in a shallow grave behind an abandoned home in a deserted strip of mostly condemned and dilapidated houses.
DNA results were inconclusive and all that was found in the area was a journal inside of the abandoned house next door to the lot where the body was found. Little information is known of the man who wrote this journal, outside of his name...

This is my first book actually published (Okay, full disclosure: It's more of a short story), so pardon me while I get used to the whore-like nature of self promotion.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out and it's only 99 cents, so there's no risk if you think it sucks. It's a quick read. Even a slow reader like me can knock this thing out in probably an hour and a half.

It's available through Amazon (Kindle-only) right now:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085Q6U1O/...reative=380549

Not sure what this means in the grand scheme of things (probably not a lot), but I'm #28 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories on Amazon - that's four spots higher than Stephen King's Night Shift
rysham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #2063
garam81
garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Hi there,

I've finally managed to publish 'The Whispering Tombs - A Quality Times Novella', which is released today and available on Amazon and Smashwords.

Here's the blurby bit -

Meet Quality Times, just your average 21st century woman who happens to own a shrinkable time machine. Along on her intergalactic adventures is Tim, a self-confessed sci-fi geek who takes everything in his stride.

In 'The Whispering Tombs', Quality and Tim are residing at the luxurious Baala Haven Resort, on an unpronounceable planet, when they're invited on a quest to find ancient hidden treasure by a wealthy alien archaeologist. Reaching the caves of Azrokaran, however, loyalties are tested to the very limits as those within the group reveal their true colours.

A light-hearted mix of science fiction, adventure and humour."

I think fans of Doctor Who (or just fans of light sci-fi, in general, will enjoy this)

http://www.amazon.com/Whispering-Tom...ok/dp/B00858Z0
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whispering-T.../dp/B00858Z0K4
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/164661
garam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #2064
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Newly released Foul Justice the final part in the Justice series.

Detective Inspector Lorne Simpkins is back on the force. Before she can get comfortable with her new partner, newly-promoted DS Katy Foster, the two are assigned a tragic murder case that looks like a robbery gone wrong. However, when another wealthy footballer's family meets the same deadly fate within twenty-four hours, it is clear the crimes involve something far more sinister.

Keeping her focus on unravelling the complex case isn't easy for Lorne when she learns news that throws her personal life into a spin—her fiancé, M16 agent Tony Warner, is involved in a dangerous covert operation in Afghanistan.
But innocent people are dying on her patch, and someone must catch the killers. Lorne can't allow this Foul Justice to prevail.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085W8S68

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/165264

Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #2065
writerdick
writerdick began at the beginning.

Free book. Hey everyone. My book, "My God Can Beat Up Your God" is free today and tomorrow. Links below. Thanks to all who download. US http://amzn.to/JRHT5l UK http://amzn.to/IMRr2w
writerdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #2066
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Liquid Fear. Ten years after a tragic clinical trial testing a secret fear-response drug, the subjects realize the experiment never ended.

Bestselling psych thriller for Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Fear-ebook/dp/B005VIA9JS

Scott Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #2067
AdrienneQ
AdrienneQ began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Travel Picture Book for iPad and Nook $.99

Isabella's Pink Umbrella New York is a fun, quick, read aloud book for young children. The pictures are colorful and fun, and it is a fun way to experience some of the big attractions in New York City without leaving home.

Available for iPad and Nook as well as in hard and soft bound editions.

www.pinkumbrellabooks.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	empirebldg.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1,019.5 KB
ID:	86874  
AdrienneQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #2068
theapatra
author of Water Witch
theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theapatra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mel:

Congrats on the new release! That's how many in the series now? 4 or 5? Love the blurb
theapatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #2069
GlennGThater
Connoisseur
GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennGThater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The website Screenrave.com named me the Featured Author of the Month for November 2011! Here's the link: Screenrave.com

The ebook version of Book 1 (The Gateway) of my epic fantasy series, Harbinger of Doom, is available FREE at Amazon, B&N, Sony, Kobo, Apple, etc.

The Gateway won 3rd Best Fantasy Novel of 2009 in the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll.

Summary of Reader Reviews:

“...as good as any fantasy tale you will read, it honors the tradition, and adds to our lore a story so good, so well told, I hope it will be remembered forever.” *--- Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands

“Thater writes with a realism like no other; fantasy lovers of sword and sorcery--check out this short first battle and be ready for the entire saga awaiting you!” -- Glenda Bixler

“...The author paints each scene and battle so clearly that I felt I was in the middle of the action.” --- Mike Monahan, author of Barracuda.

“...fast paced and exciting with characters real enough to leap out of the pages...leaves the reader craving more.” *--- Franz McLaren, author of Demon Drift and A Night of Dark Delicacies

“...Non-stop action that is written so well you can't stop reading it!” -- G.A. Endless, author of Issla: A Vampire Living in the 21st Century

“...hugely entertaining. One of the best sword and sorcery/historical fiction tales i have read in years. A truly classic yarn that i will read again and again.” -- Jimmyonly

“...the characterization is simply amazing. I would highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys Epic Fantasy. -- Nathalia

THE HARBINGER OF DOOM SAGA

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around one Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. No scholar or sage can outwit him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, a human, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery; all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit.

But no man, not even our greatest hero, can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies of Nifleheim at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen within our ranks, that tear down our temples and our traditions; that devour us from within, unseen, unknown, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late.

Dwellers of the Deep -- Volume 4 of Glenn G. Thater's epic fantasy series, Harbinger of Doom, is now available on kindle!

Dwellers of the Deep embraces the pulse-pounding action that the Harbinger of Doom Saga is known for, with battles so real, so immersive, you will find yourself reaching for your sword. Expansive in scope, Dwellers transforms the Saga into truly epic fantasy, and drops the reader into the Byzantine web of political intrigue that swirls about the Kingdom of Lomion.

In Glenn G. Thater’s world of Midgaard, some kill for love or honor; others die for blood and souls. In Dwellers of the Deep, the fourth volume of the saga unfolds across a vast ocean of bleak expanses and forbidden islands that harbor secrets best unspoken, ancient magics best left buried, voracious monsters of the gelid depths, and a god of the outer spheres whose wrath will shake the very foundations of Midgaard.

Within these pages, heroes and villains abound. But are the heroes those that quest with Theta to keep shuttered the portal betwixt the worlds, or those that sail with Korrgonn for god and glory, to restore Azathoth’s reign? Only you can decide. But in the end, Ob will tell you, evil is as evil does, and in Midgaard, only one thing is certain — nothing is as it seems.

Book 1: The Gateway (FREE on Kindle)
http://www.amazon.com/GATEWAY-Harbin.../dp/B0017H1LCQ
Book 2: The Fallen Angle
http://www.amazon.com/FALLEN-ANGLE-H.../dp/B0018G55BY
Book 3: Knight Eternal
http://www.amazon.com/Knight-Eternal.../dp/B002TG4NN8
Book 4: Dwellers of the Deep
http://www.amazon.com/Dwellers-Deep-.../dp/B006IJVTPW

Glenn G. Thater
www.glenngthater.com
GlennGThater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #2070
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Thea, that's book four now!

Happy holiday weekend.

To celebrate the new release of FOUL JUSTICE I've decided to have a 48 hour sale on book one in the exciting thriller series. CRUEL JUSTICE is now only $0.99 or £1.02.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruel-Justice-...8130647&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cruel-Justic...8130647&sr=1-1
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo