Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
john_doe
john_doe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Invalid entries in author dropdown list in 0.8.0

Hi,
I just upgraded from 0.7.59 to 0.8.0 and I've noticed that in the Edit metadata dialog, all the authors' names in the dropdown list are mangled.

For example, instead of
Code:
Dumas, Alexandre
it shows
Code:
D & u & m & a & s & , & A & l & e & x & a & n & d & r & e
The existing books themselves still have the correct author names listed, but obviously I can't edit the author field, or add any new books.

Reinstalling 0.7.59 restores the correct behaviour.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
john_doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I saw a bugfix checked into the source code for this sometime in the last 24 hours, so it will be fixed in the next Calibre release.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
john_doe
john_doe began at the beginning.

Device: none
Great, thanks for the quick response
john_doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
sej7278
Enthusiast
sej7278 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I saw a bugfix checked into the source code for this sometime in the last 24 hours, so it will be fixed in the next Calibre release.
i'm not going to be the person who mentions you should NEVER use a .0 release
sej7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sej7278 View Post
i'm not going to be the person who mentions you should NEVER use a .0 release
Since we are only at version 0.8 that doesn't really apply, does it?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2011, 05:15 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I think he was talking about 0.x.0 releases. However, due to the nature of Calibre's release cycle, the comment doesn't apply, since there is no such thing as a stable release chain or similar. Every release is basically on the same level as far as testing, bugs and such go- I'd even say that at least 0.7.0 and 0.8.0 were probably better tested than normal releases, because the developers opted to let us test beta versions.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote