Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
Aridese
Aridese began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cheapest Device for Student Use

Hey guys,

I've been following the whole e-paper thing for a while now; but only recently have I gotten seriously interested. As much as I'd love to have Wi-Fi and 400Mhz of CPU with the iLiad, the 700$ pricetag is too much for students. What's the absolute cheapest (while still functional... 6" screen, probably not LCD) device -- with whatever methods available to get it.. ebay/used/students discounts from mfr... not just MSRP.

Thanks!

Edit: gah, sorry about the title, didn't see the big U until later =/

Last edited by Aridese; 07-23-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Aridese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you want a Sony Reader, take a look at the credit card offer thread(s) where you can get one for about $60 shipped.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You might want to look at the Ebookwise-1150. It's old but it's cheap.

Read about it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2719

Buy it here:
http://www.ebookwise.com/ebookwise/ebookwise1150.htm
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
raisingkn
raisingkn began at the beginning.

Device: ebookman
Where do I find these sredit card offer threads? (lost)
raisingkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingkn View Post
Where do I find these sredit card offer threads? (lost)
Check it out here
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert