Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 09:48 AM   #16
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The Family Library is much more convenient than messing around with registering/deregistering. You can just choose which of your books get shared with the other(s) in your Family*

*Up to two adults and four children.
I never used the option, my husband and I use the same account for our books. We never kept our paper books on separate bookshelves, so I never saw the need with digital books. Maybe we are old-school, we've never had separate bank accounts either.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:20 AM   #17
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I never used the option, my husband and I use the same account for our books. We never kept our paper books on separate bookshelves, so I never saw the need with digital books. Maybe we are old-school, we've never had separate bank accounts either.
It's more that we have rather different tastes in fiction, with a bit of overlap. So having separate Amazon accounts stops our Kindle libraries getting cluttered with stuff we'd never want to read, but with stuff from the other that we do.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #18
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's more that we have rather different tastes in fiction, with a bit of overlap. So having separate Amazon accounts stops our Kindle libraries getting cluttered with stuff we'd never want to read, but with stuff from the other that we do.
My husband and I also have very different tastes in our reading, but since he reads slowly, and is still working full time, the majority of books on the account are mine. He reads maybe 1 book a month, I read 3-8.

That said, I just never saw the need to keep them separate. He has his own Amazon account for gift buying, but books are all on "my" account. We borrow a lot of books now as well, from the public library or KU. One account makes it easier.

We each have our own email accounts, and social media accounts, but everything else is joint. And we share passwords, so nothing is hidden. Been married 43 years, and share pretty much everything.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:35 AM   #19
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Thank you everyone for responding to my inquiry. I’m sorry to be late replying; been away a couple of days. I really appreciate all the advice!!

I hadn’t thought about publishing restrictions, including the US vs CA differences. That’s helpful, and makes sense. I have a large kindle library with the US account, and it’s served very me well, so I think I’ll leave well enough alone.

It sounds like I’m able to set up a second kindle and a new account in Canada, if I want to have two libraries, but just can’t merge them. Again, thanks muchly for the replies.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote