Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2016, 09:39 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Kindle Dx Battery Replacement Failed

I had a number of battery life problems with my Kindle Dx, and then usb connection problems. Although my battery life problems seemed to resolve themselves, the usb connection problems kep worsening until I couldn't transfer files from my computer any more.

I ordered a battery replacement kit. Due to sensory issues, I can't watch video. Due to a different set of coordination issues, my brother has trouble with tools. I tried to follow his instructions, but the spudger broke. I managed to get part of the back off anyway, but couldn't get farther, so I put it back on.

(I also had some trouble with the sleep switch, but was able to restore that.)

Any suggestions?

Last edited by MarjaE; 07-29-2016 at 09:53 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Isn't there anyone you know who could watch the video and do it for you? Failing that, maybe Best Buy's Geek Squad, if you have one near. Otherwise there is a place you can mail to and have it done - just google replace battery for Kindle DX.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery replacement, kindle dx, usb connection