Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #1051
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
When you update, the old preferences should carry over.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #1052
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You can use the old plugin. I have not updated my tools for years, because there's been no need. They work fine. Update when you run into problems.
That's what I do. I have an oldish version of the DeDRM plugin. But it works so I've seen no reason to update. I'm running 6.3.3.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-17-2020 at 02:46 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #1053
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I recently bought a nook GlowLight Plus, and do had to upgrade Calibre to a version that "knows" this device. My existing tools plug-in (version 6.0.7) still works fine, but if I try to reconfigure it, I get an error, "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ConfigWidget'"

Should I just leave it alone, and continue to use my old plug-in? If I update to the latest, will I have to re-enter all of the appropriate keys?
Given that the version you are using no longer allows configuration, I would update to the current version. All your existing data carries over.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #1054
hollowpoint
Groupie
hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hollowpoint ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Mini, Kindle PW5, Libra 2
I had occasion to install the latest DeDRM, add my PW4 serial, and liberate a few new books. Worked perfectly!

Thanks again to those who contribute to the project.
hollowpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #1055
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
No longer works with Calibre now that Calibre has updated to v5.0 & Python 3. I've kept a copy of Calibre Portable 4.23 for when/if plugin is needed. Hopefully DeDRM will be updated in due course.

Last edited by jsessions; 09-25-2020 at 09:09 AM.
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2020, 12:07 PM   #1056
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the warning, I'll stay on calibre 4 for now.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:36 PM   #1057
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Thanks to jsessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsessions View Post
No longer works with Calibre now that Calibre has updated to v5.0 & Python 3. I've kept a copy of Calibre Portable 4.23 for when/if plugin is needed. Hopefully DeDRM will be updated in due course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Thanks for the warning, I'll stay on calibre 4 for now.

I'll be sticking with 4.23 too, I was lucky to have read your post before I ran Calibre this morning and was offered the upgrade to 5.01!!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:54 PM   #1058
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Is there some reason you can't simply re-install the older version?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:01 PM   #1059
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Not to give people a hard time or anything, but this has been a major topic of concern in the calibre forums since the beta of calibre 5 was announced. Plugin devs have had since about February to get their plugins ready to work with this new release. This plugin is not the only one that won't work with the new calibre.

The fact is that this--and other plugins--were going to stop working with calibre 5 should really only be news to people who never visit the calibre forums.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #1060
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The fact is that this--and other plugins--were going to stop working with calibre 5 should really only be news to people who never visit the calibre forums.
I would bet that is a lot of people.
I'm a calibre user, not a calibre hobbyiest, and thanks to the fact that calibre has generally worked without the need for support since I first got it working with the plugin, i almost never visit the forums.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:38 PM   #1061
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It is unfortunate that Apprentice Harper appears to no longer have any time to devote to this project. Perhaps a new "Apprentice" will step up and take over from Harper as Harper once did from Alf.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:04 PM   #1062
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I would bet that is a lot of people.
I'm a calibre user, not a calibre hobbyiest, and thanks to the fact that calibre has generally worked without the need for support since I first got it working with the plugin, i almost never visit the forums.
+1

I'm still on Calibre 3.34.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 04:20 PM   #1063
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The old version is Python 2 compatible. Calibre 5.0.1 requires Python 3 compatibility. There is a Python 3 branch of the DeDRM 6.6.3 code however it has issues (run the make_release.py file and the resultant .zip will not install due to errors in _init_.py).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:11 PM   #1064
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The old version is Python 2 compatible. Calibre 5.0.1 requires Python 3 compatibility....
Perhaps pwalker8 meant to re-install the old version of calibre. That will work to restore DeDRM, but beware!

Once you open a library in Calibre 5 it changes it in a way that is potentially incompatible with calibre versions prior to 4.23. So if you revert do not use an older version of calibre than that one.

From "Backwards incompatibilities" in New in calibre 5.0:

Quote:
Because of the support for library wide annotations, the database format was slightly changed. While calibre 4.23 is able to open and operate with calibre 5 databases, older versions of calibre may have trouble.

Last edited by jhowell; 09-25-2020 at 05:22 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:05 AM   #1065
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Not to give people a hard time or anything, but this has been a major topic of concern in the calibre forums since the beta of calibre 5 was announced. Plugin devs have had since about February to get their plugins ready to work with this new release. This plugin is not the only one that won't work with the new calibre.

Well, I wouldn't say I never go there, but I only go there when I have a problem -- which isn't very often.

Thanks for the heads up!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote