Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2020, 07:47 PM   #2116
Cacofiend
Cacofiend began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's... still not how an OTA behaves .

007 usually means it has rebooted and launched the full updater. That's not good.

The OTA updater doesn't reboot, and fails w/ U00N errors.

(Or at least it used to).
Tried again. I'm putting Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16.N_install.bin into root, eject device, disconnect, hit "Update your kindle". It restarts and displays update error 007.

Anyway, thanks for the help!
Cacofiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:17 PM   #2117
HourlySword
HourlySword began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Hi! I have a successfully jailbroken PW4 on 5.13.1. I'm trying to install KUAL but everytime i install the regular package or hotfix package it doesn't show anything in my library. I'm not sure if the package is installing correctly. I've tried both the regular one and the coplate one. I've also tried using the .azw2 version but that doesn't show anything in my library either. I'm worried i'm missing something or maybe my device/fw just isn't supported yet so please let me know if there's something I can to fix this. Thanks!
HourlySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #2118
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Hotfix packages haven't been rebuilt for FW 5.13.1.

Use ;log mrpi to install the non-hotfix variant in the meantime.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:16 PM   #2119
HourlySword
HourlySword began at the beginning.

Thanks! That worked perfectly ^^
HourlySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #2120
ollihd
ollihd began at the beginning.

Running 5.10.1.3 PW4 and installed MRPI copying the two folders to root, then Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.24_install.bin to the mrpackages directory and executed ;log mrpi. The install process started and UI restarted. The problem is I see no KUAL "document" in my documents. It's just plain old missing. Any ideas?

I have jailbroken the device and installed the silent update hotfix.
ollihd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #2121
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"started" doesn't mean "ended successfully".

Double-check, checking MRPI's logs if necessary.

Also, you'll probably need to use coplate's variant on a PW4 anyway.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:15 AM   #2122
ollihd

Quote:
"started" doesn't mean "ended successfully".

Double-check, checking MRPI's logs if necessary.

Also, you'll probably need to use coplate's variant on a PW4 anyway.
So changing to coplates variant worked! Thank you!
Old 09-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #2123
ollihd

For some odd reason Kindle just silently updated to 5.13.2 even though I had the hotfix installed. Any ideas why?
Old 09-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #2124
serginator
serginator began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi! I've been using a really old version in my Kindle Voyage (jailbroken, with kual, linkss, librariansync...). So I decided to update it and read first everything.

I've installed the latest hotfix, updated the FW (5.13.2), put the new mrinstaller, then copied latest KUAL coplate (Update_KUALBooklet_44a61b6_install.bin) on mrpackages folder, launched ";log mrpi" and it seemed to work and it restarted the UI, but after that, if I run the launcher it says that it can't run, try again.

I've read that sometimes you have to try to run it several times, but it doesn't work. Also I've tried to run both uninstall.bin files (coplate and normal) and run again the installer in coplate, but nothing, and the same with the normal installer just in case. Right now it is with coplate's one.

Is there somewhere we can take a log file to see why is it failing? Also, the icon is replaced with the new one? Or could it be the old one? The three dots on the right corner are grayed so I can't remove it, and with the uninstalls it doesn't disappear. I've also read that it's not possible and if you want to get rid of the icon you have to hide it through sqlite3, but if it's replaced with the new one it's ok for me.

Thanks in advance!
serginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:52 PM   #2125
serginator
serginator began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollihd View Post
For some odd reason Kindle just silently updated to 5.13.2 even though I had the hotfix installed. Any ideas why?
You need the hotfix but also you need to have a folder named "update.bin.tmp.partial" in the root of the Kindle, if not, updates will launch...
serginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:14 PM   #2126
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by serginator View Post
You need the hotfix but also you need to have a folder named "update.bin.tmp.partial" in the root of the Kindle, if not, updates will launch...
Starting around version 5.11.x, the firmware has code to forcibly remove update.bin.tmp.partial, so that doesn't work anymore for those versions.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:12 PM   #2127
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ollihd: The hotfix (or, hell, the jb/bridge, for that matter) never had *anything* to do with blocking updates.

@serginator: Define "the launcher" and "can't run". Also, restart your device.
Also, watch the screen for actual information. MRPI should be telling you exactly what's happening.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:13 AM   #2128
FrenchFries
Member Retired
FrenchFries began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Cool KUAL Icon

So I have JB my KPW4 and installed successfully Kual (coplate), it works, but it doesn't have a cover, how can I add that cool Kual cover?
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:07 AM   #2129
ollihd

Quote:
@ollihd: The hotfix (or, hell, the jb/bridge, for that matter) never had *anything* to do with blocking updates.
Do you mean that the Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.15.N_install.bin does nothing? I'm downgrading to 5.10.1.3 as we speak. Would creating the update.bin.tmp.partial -folder work for me or do I have to do something else to prevent the updates?
Old 09-15-2020, 05:32 AM   #2130
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollihd View Post
I'm downgrading to 5.10.1.3 as we speak. Would creating the update.bin.tmp.partial -folder work for me or do I have to do something else to prevent the updates?
KUAL Helper+ button Prevent OTA Updates is better.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified