Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #76
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Has anyone in the US seen Kobo cards in store? The only places listed on Kobo's site that sell them are Best Buy and Frye's. A search of both websites comes up empty on them having those gift cards.
I don't know if the situation is different in the US, but in NZ there are lots of places that sell Kobo gift cards in store, but none none of them have the cards available for sale online, so the only way to get one seems to be to visit the shop in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alclubb View Post
Best Buy in the United States does not carry them and I couldn't find them at Fry's either. According to Kobohelp on Twitter, they still don't know when or if the online gift cards will be available. I just asked about this yesterday. I wanted to switch from my Nook to the Kobo Aura, but this might be a deal breaker for me. My family buys me gift cards so I can buy books, and this is unacceptable.
No gift cards might be a reason not to buy books from Kobo, but if you get an Aura you are not limited to buying from Kobo. You could still get gift cards for other shops like B&N and put the books you buy with them on your Aura.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #77
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
All Kobo stores in every country I've "visited" accept Chapters-Indigo giftcards, which are available to buy electronically here. Someone mentioned that Kobo was not accepting Chapters gift cards anymore, but they still are.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #78
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
No gift cards might be a reason not to buy books from Kobo, but if you get an Aura you are not limited to buying from Kobo. You could still get gift cards for other shops like B&N and put the books you buy with them on your Aura.
Only if they want to remove DRM. Kobo's do not support the DRM B&N uses (although the Adobe RMSDK does allow that option if Kobo enabled it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Someone mentioned that Kobo was not accepting Chapters gift cards anymore, but they still are.
But for how much longer I wonder. The sale to Rakuten was a couple years ago now.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-18-2013 at 09:39 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote