Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

Device: Kindle PW,Sony 700, Sony 950 (Daily Edition),Nook Color,iPad
Line after paragraph, CSS?

What code and where would I enter it if I want to add a line after each paragraph?

Thanks for any help, just starting to really look at formating the code. Thanks
Maggie-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Maggie
Ar you wanting a Horizontal Rule(<hr /> ?

If you want a full width rule with default properties, just place <hr /> between the closing </p> and the next opening <p in Code View. (hr can NOT be within a paragraph)

If you want a smaller (%) width,centered; wider; or other line style or color(s)
some CSS selector creation is called for.

Test visually, on a ADE (and maybe others) readers. WYS in Sigil-Calibre Inot WYG on thes readers.

Basically centering is not reliable on many readers.

to center a 25% width rule you make the Left Margin 32.5% to force the rule to the center.
margin-left = (100-rule_width%)/2
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Maggie-Me
Zealot
Maggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with othersMaggie-Me plays well with others

thanks, I should have been more detailed.

I am looking to add a blank line after each paragraph.

Exp...

Before:
He sniffed, said nothing. His father had been Kjartan the Cruel, a Dane who had whelped Sihtric on one of his Saxon slaves. Yet Sihtric was a good boy, though in truth he was no longer a boy. He was a man who had stood in the shield wall. A man who had killed. A man who would kill again tonight. “I’ll find you a wife,” I promised him.
It was then we heard the screaming. It was faint because it came from very far off, a mere scratching noise in the darkness that told of pain and death to our south. There were screams and shouting. Women were screaming and doubtless men were dying.

After:
He sniffed, said nothing. His father had been Kjartan the Cruel, a Dane who had whelped Sihtric on one of his Saxon slaves. Yet Sihtric was a good boy, though in truth he was no longer a boy. He was a man who had stood in the shield wall. A man who had killed. A man who would kill again tonight. “I’ll find you a wife,” I promised him.

It was then we heard the screaming. It was faint because it came from very far off, a mere scratching noise in the darkness that told of pain and death to our south. There were screams and shouting. Women were screaming and doubtless men were dying.

Last edited by Maggie-Me; 01-22-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just increase/ add a [B]margin-bottom:1em to your paragraph style (in the CSS)

(I happen to split that between margin-top: .5em and margin-bottom: .5em. and I bump the bottom to .8em for non-indented paragraphs. to please my eye )

Last edited by theducks; 01-22-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
like tha man said - but in more detail.

open book in sigil, click styles in LH window. open stylesheet.css

see stuff like this
.calibre12 {
display: block;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 1em;
text-align: center;
text-indent: 0

tweak margin values to suit..
tip ; look at a book textpage in code view beforehand to see which style element is used for paragraphs - that is the one to locate & tweak within the stylesheet.

e.g. if book has this
<p class="calibre9">“Christine, it’s good of you to come,” Marcus said.</p>

then I need to tweak calibre9 spec.

my calibre 9 in stylesheet is
.calibre9 {
display: block;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 1em;
text-align: justify;
text-indent: 1em
}

that margin top value is controlling my paragraph separation

Last edited by cybmole; 01-23-2011 at 06:29 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #6
Stuart_L
Stuart_L began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, EeePC w/ FBReader
Having a line after a paragraph is the default. Just remove any references to margin-top and margin-bottom.
Stuart_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart_L View Post
Having a line after a paragraph is the default. Just remove any references to margin-top and margin-bottom.
so anything in <p> tags defaults to having a blank line below, unless css says otherwise ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
so anything in <p> tags defaults to having a blank line below, unless css says otherwise ?
But do you want the default size? I find that it is too... (wrong )
OTOH line-spacing usually defaults
except the I have drop caps, or small-caps where I need to adjust the balance
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
Maggie-Me
Zealot

thanks all. I like keeping the code in the set up and changing the value, this gives me what I wanted.