Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #27601
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
My new cup today is this Zojirushi travel mug. Somebody on here recommended it (Charlie, maybe?), and I love it. It keeps my coffee HOT.
Nope, not me. I use the Contigo travel mug - in Lilac for my tea, and in Berry for my water or pop. I like that it keeps my tea nice and warm, absolutely will not spill, AND is one-handed.

And yes, I miss absent friends. But rejoice in the ones that are still here.

Meanwhile, it's cold today, high will be -1C or so. So a big mug of hearty Lion Mountain Keemun while I sit with my feet on a hotpad and wrapped up in a throw. (This office is not heated, except from the rest of the house.)
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #27602
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Great idea with the hot pad for your feet. I was gifted an electric lap blanket that I may have to try.

Fresh, hot, Sumatra coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #27603
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post

Meanwhile, it's cold today, high will be -1C or so. So a big mug of hearty Lion Mountain Keemun while I sit with my feet on a hotpad and wrapped up in a throw. (This office is not heated, except from the rest of the house.)
This is hilarious, since I'm reading this with a heating pad on my feet and wrapped up in a throw. :-D

I got chilled when I was out earlier -- so windy! My feet are toasty now.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #27604
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

warm toes are good toes! (I hate cold feet, and I get them easily!)

More Keemun - some Murchie's Keemun XS this time.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #27605
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Having my third tea.

Just back in from breaking up and shovelling away the last remaining (thick) layer of ice on the driveway. A heavy shovel driven down vertically to loosen it from the pavement and break it into pieces, and a snow shovel to scoop it up. But the ice in the branches (yeah, it's still a frikkin winter wonderland out there!) above the driveway is melting slowly in the sun, dripping just enough water onto the driveway that it's freezing into a smooth sheet.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #27606
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.
What you say?
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKvhxapM5zo )

Good morning, all! It's a glorious day, just made for .... wait for it.... a Road Trip! We haven't been motorcycle touring for months, and today's the day. I've rented a larger bike, a 600cc Honda Steed, and we're off for a ride through the mountains along the Thai/Burmese border. I've been drinking unbranded Keemun tea to give me the needed energy, and put another two liters of it on ice in my Camel-back. Lots of small hill tribe villages along the way to visit, hot springs to soak in, and good food along the way. Should be a great day!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1AKHA.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	388.5 KB
ID:	118789  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 02-06-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:20 AM   #27607
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Very interesting photo subject; lots of character. As always, thanks for sharing Stitchawl.

Coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:53 AM   #27608
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
what are they smoking?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #27609
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Late afternoon mug of East India Company's "Assam" tea after a great day's ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Very interesting photo subject; lots of character. As always, thanks for sharing Stitchawl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
what are they smoking?
Probably tobacco. But this is Thailand, and she's an Akha hilltribe woman who lives waaay back up in the mountains, so it could be just about anything from ganja to corn silk! The Akha women all wear their traditional costumes all the time, as do most of the women of the various hilltribes, even when coming down out of the mountains into town to go shopping. The younger women tend to mix traditional with more modern, as the Paduang girls in this attachment.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Paduang4.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	118791  
Old 02-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #27610
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Another *cold* day here, but this should be the last of the really cold ones as it's supposed to cloud up and warm up starting tomorrow. Chickens were glad to get some fresh water this morning - their feeder was frozen solid. We don't get enough really cold days for it to make sense to buy and wire up a water heater for them. I just swap out the waterers in the morning and let them thaw out inside and swap out again next morning. And I give them a bit more scratch on really cold days, which they don't object to. Can't give them too much, it can cause issues. But it does give them extra energy.

Peet's English Breakfast tea.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #27611
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Maybe I should volunteer to 'snuggle' with the girls?

Have you tried using a brooder lamp to prevent the freezing?

Talisker in my glass tonight ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #27612
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Maybe I should volunteer to 'snuggle' with the girls?

Have you tried using a brooder lamp to prevent the freezing?

Talisker in my glass tonight ....
The girls would be happy to have you. Especially if you bring Talisker.

We use a morning lamp to extend the day, but no more. The most common solution is a low wattage waterer heater. It is only sufficient to keep the water from freezing, no more. But honestly, we don't get enough days when it's cold enough for us to bother. We just swap out the water and let it thaw inside. I think this year, when all is said and done, there will be somewhere around 5 days plus or minus a couple, where it actually gets cold enough to cause issues with the water. And never that it gets cold enough to be an issue for the girls themselves.

Looking forward to a bit of Talisker tonight.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #27613
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Wake, shake, day's a-breakin'
Peas in the pot and hoe-cakes baking.

I may get drunk, I may get woozy
But I'm goin' home with black-eyed Susie...

Up red oak and down salt water
Some old man gonna lose his daughter

Love my wife and love my baby
Love my biscuits sopped in gravy.

Goin' back home with a pocket full of money
Somebody there to call me honey.

Hey, hey little black-eyed Susie!
Hey, hey little black-eyed Susie!
Hey, hey little black-eyed Susie! Hey!

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULoCpBK7oX0 )

Good morning, everyone! A beautiful February Saturday morn, and I'm starting it off with a mug of Taylors of Harrowgate's "English Breakfast" tea, and a bunch of different stuff from the Food Lady! Need to lay in some energy... Fencing this afternoon. Got some friends coming to watch, so I've got to be playing my 'A' game! Dr. Jolie Bookspan (known to the Medical profession as 'The Saint Jude of Joints,) and her husband Paul... two close friends, and both want me to give them a lesson in the basics. They are both "VERY" experienced martial artists, (4th Dan, Shotokan karate,) so the concepts will be easy. All I have to do is give them the moves! I'm happy to do so! She gave me back my back! Full mobility without surgery in a matter of weeks, when the orthopods had me in a full back brace awaiting spinal fusion surgery. I said the least I can do is turn her into a Musketeer. But with her wonderful sense of humor, she may well show up at the Fencing Salle wearing Mickey Mouse ears...

Stitchawl
Old 02-08-2014, 12:45 AM   #27614
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
A fifth mug of tea, from a cannister of loose Tin Koon Yim (Tea Qwan Yin?) I picked up at the local Asian Market grocery.

I'm just back from going to a couple of store to pick up (among other things) a new mop to clean up the salt and kitty litter clay that we've been tracking in.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:58 AM   #27615
Avalona
Enthusiast
Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Fire 8 (2020)
Stash chai with a splash of unsweetened almond milk. Chai has been my morning tea for the last month or so, probably because of how cold it is here.

Today's goal is writing - I've got a new volume to start for my serial next week, and only a few days to finish up the first chapter. I took a week and a half off from posting, intending to write more, but it didn't work out that way, because I got distracted with my NaNoWriMo 2013 novel and finishing that instead.
Avalona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?