Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Is there a way to identify which azw or azw3 files are for which device?

I have 2 Kindles, + the Kindle App on my computer.

I have trouble downloading directly to my Kindles, and I like to track books in Calibre, so I habitually download to my computer, import into Calibre, and then sideload to my Kindle.

Dx uses azw, K5 uses azw3, but the older version of the app uses azw and the newer azw3, so it's hard to tell which files belong to which device, and unless already decrypted, they can cause trouble if loaded on the wrong device. I've started tagging files for the Dx, but I'm not sure what else to do.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It doesn't really matter all that much. All Kindles can handle Mobi (azw). The Kindle Keyboard (aka Kindle3) and later can handle Mobi, and KF8 (azw3). If you have a KF8 eBook you want to load it on a DX (or any really old Kindle), Calibre can convert the KF8 to Mobi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It doesn't really matter all that much. All Kindles can handle Mobi (azw). The Kindle Keyboard (aka Kindle3) and later can handle Mobi, and KF8 (azw3). If you have a KF8 eBook you want to load it on a DX (or any really old Kindle), Calibre can convert the KF8 to Mobi.
I'm not sure that MarjaE is removing the DRM from these files, so it may actually make a difference.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I'm not sure that MarjaE is removing the DRM from these files, so it may actually make a difference.

Shari
My solution won't work without removing the DRM.

@MajaE I suggest that if you are not setup to remove the DRM, then you get setup to remove the DRM. The DeDRM plugin can be had from https://apprenticealf.wordpress.com
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle