Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-26-2021, 08:09 PM   #16
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon07r View Post
I got mine from good e-reader... so I can vouch for them, but had to pay 40 CAD in customs to DHL (so basically another 30 usd).
As I said in an earlier comment, I don't doubt that people who use a credit card to order products from Good eReader will eventually get their order. I would be very much surprised if they didn't.

But do you really want to "vouch" for a company that employs questionable business practices such as not being up front about where the products they are selling are shipping from?

Luckily for you, your device arrived quickly and the customs which you had to pay didn't amount to much more than the Canadian tax which you would have had to pay were you able to purchase the product in Canada. But that might not be true for everyone.

And then there is the fact that Good eReader still hasn't fulfilled all the orders from their shuttered Indiegogo campaign despite Michael Kozlowski having boasted about selling thousands of the devices. As recently as 15 days ago, former backers were still posting on the campaign page to complain that they haven't received a device or a refund. Only bona fide backers can post comments on that page.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/1...ader#/comments

Are these really people you would "vouch" for? Are these really people who deserve to have business sent their way?

Personally, I'd rather pay extra or do without than support such unscrupulous individuals. But each to their own...

Last edited by Question Mark; 01-26-2021 at 08:34 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:36 PM   #17
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
I got stung by Good eReader. I'd prefer not to think about it, but these guys are simply crooks. They promised that they would deliver product and yet never did.

Its just painful to think that I lost a few hundred dollars and there is no way I'm going to get that back or see Good EReader have to pay for their theft in a court of law. It hurts to think about it because we all assume we're smart enough to avoid obvious scams, and this is a reminder to me that I'm really just as (more than?) gullible as everyone else. I've done a lot of dumb things in my life, some of which have resulted in trips to hospital but in those cases there was some compensating pleasure but this one is painful just because a lot of people said they were suspect but my desire to get the device overrode that...

There's absolutely no good reason to order from these guys at all, their goods come from China, so order from China. It's more likely that you'll be dealing with an honest Chinese seller, and you'll likely get better service. What's to say that Good EReader won't ship your device to you any more than they did to me or to any of my fellow suckers? It's a fools game to rely on your card provider to get your money back - these guys are experts at stringing people along so that you will find all that cover vaporizes... trust me on this one.

If you want Onyx product and want to buy from a guy with a good reputation, then use ereader.store. I haven't used them personally but they have been around a long time, have usually got stuff in stock, and have a good reputation on this site - and speak English which is handy.

If you got a working device 'from Canada' then consider yourself one of the lucky ones!

@QM - thanks for warning people. We need to make sure that people understand what these guys are like.
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, ectaco, poke 3