Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-24-2024, 04:18 PM   #1
lightmaster
lightmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 10th gen; Kobo Libra 2
Kobo Libra Colour, koreader support

Kobo recently announced their Libra Colour. While I know there's no certainty on the matter, is it likely that koreader will work on the Libra Colour shortly after launch? I'm sure there will be some bugs right away, but is there much of a risk that if I buy it at launch, that koreader will never work on it? I really love the idea of reading comics and graphic novels on it, but after having enjoyed koreader for so long on my Libra 2, really don't want to go back to the stock reader.
lightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 04:50 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I wouldn't expect never to be much of a risk for the simple reason that making the device substantially different would also make life harder for themselves. But of course as investment ads say, past performance is no guarantee for the future.

Unless you intend to work on adding support for the device yourself there's a definite risk that it might take a while, of course.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 04:53 PM   #3
lightmaster
lightmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4 10th gen; Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Unless you intend to work on adding support for the device yourself there's a definite risk that it might take a while, of course.
I wish I could, but that's miles above my head and I hardly have any free time lately anyways.
lightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote