Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 01:32 PM   #541
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Plato 0.8.9

I've released 0.8.9.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:07 PM   #542
Pioneer129
Pioneer129 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura h2o, kobo glo, pocketbook 622, Kobo Aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I've released 0.8.9.
Hey baskerville, congratulations for such an amazing project. I am really starting to like Plato and preferring it over Koreader. I have just two questions
1. I have two dictionaries installed. But each time I search a word, only the first dictionary which is WordNet 3.1 shared by you opens up and I have to press the 'fuzzy' option in order to enable the other dictionary. Is there any option available which can activate both the dictionaries at one time and I don't have to press the fuzzy option?
2. The zoom in in PDF is not as much effective as it is in epub format. Do u think u can increase the zoom in for pdf's as well, like magnifying it may be around 10x.

Thanks and once again, congratulations.
Pioneer129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2020, 04:42 AM   #543
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer129 View Post
1. I have two dictionaries installed. But each time I search a word, only the first dictionary which is WordNet 3.1 shared by you opens up and I have to press the 'fuzzy' option in order to enable the other dictionary. Is there any option available which can activate both the dictionaries at one time and I don't have to press the fuzzy option?
By default, both dictionaries are activated, hence the dictionary selection label (at the center of the bottom bar) will read All.

The other dictionary was probably not generated by dictfmt (GCIDE?): those kind of dictionaries will be supported in the next release.

The fuzzy search strategy is only meant to be used with direct queries, when you're unsure of the spelling of a word.

Quote:
2. The zoom in in PDF is not as much effective as it is in epub format. Do u think u can increase the zoom in for pdf's as well, like magnifying it may be around 10x.
There're a few ways of increasing the zoom level of a fixed layout document:
  • Cropping the margins.
  • Setting the zoom mode to Fit to Width.
  • Selecting one of the landscape rotations.

If you combine all three, you should obtain a high magnification.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:32 AM   #544
Pioneer129

Quote:
By default, both dictionaries are activated, hence the dictionary selection label (at the center of the bottom bar) will read All.

The other dictionary was probably not generated by dictfmt (GCIDE?): those kind of dictionaries will be supported in the next release.

The fuzzy search strategy is only meant to be used with direct queries, when you're unsure of the spelling of a word.

There're a few ways of increasing the zoom level of a fixed layout document:
  • Cropping the margins.
  • Setting the zoom mode to Fit to Width.
  • Selecting one of the landscape rotations.

If you combine all three, you should obtain a high magnification.
Yup, the other dictionary is GCIDE.
Ok, I will try these combinations and hopefully will get the desire results.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:26 PM   #545
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
@baskerville: Can add sorting by book title? The file name does not always match the name of the book.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #546
Pioneer129

Found Bug

Hello, i think there is some kind of glitch or bug, but it seems I can't access pages of my desire location from the search option. I typed the page No.in the box and click go ahead, but it won't do nothing. It will not take me to the page No I have entered. I tried everything but still nothing happened.
@baskerville, can u figure what's wrong here.
Thanks

P.s I am using Kobo Aura H2o firmware 4.22.x
Old 07-09-2020, 12:50 PM   #547
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Can add sorting by book title?
Yes, I will.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #548
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
I can't access pages of my desire location from the search option
If you want to jump to a specific page, the correct procedure is to tap the Page X of Y (Z%) label (in the bottom bar).
Old 07-09-2020, 01:54 PM   #549
Pioneer129

Quote:
If you want to jump to a specific page, the correct procedure is to tap the Page X of Y (Z%) label (in the bottom bar).
Exactly I did the same, by saying search option, I was actually referring to the bottom bar where a tap brings up a small box in the middle of the screen to put in your desire/specific page No.
When I enters a page No and presses the arrow option in the keyboard to go to that page, it doesn't do anything. I pressed other buttons in the keyboard as well, but none of them took me to the page No I inserted in the box
PS. I pressed the arrow key several times, but nothing happened

Last edited by Pioneer129; 07-09-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #550
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
When I enters a page No and presses the arrow option in the keyboard to go to that page, it doesn't do anything.
The key you want to tap is Return.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #551
favero_
Enthusiast
favero_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi Baskerville, congratulations on your amazing work!

I have a kobo forma, and I've been using plato much more than koreader and the kobo reader. One question though - I've been using kobo sync with dropbox to transfer books to my ereader, but I can't find them in plato. Any possible workaround?

Thanks again!
favero_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #552
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by favero_ View Post
I've been using kobo sync with dropbox to transfer books to my ereader, but I can't find them in plato.
The transfered books might be saved inside a hidden directory, for example /mnt/onboard/.kobo/dropbox.

In which case, you could add a library to your Settings.toml:
Code:
[[libraries]]
name = "Dropbox"
path = "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/dropbox"
You can then load this library from the Library submenu of the library menu (you can bring up the library menu by tapping the library label in the bottom bar).
Old 07-14-2020, 01:00 AM   #553
favero_
Enthusiast

Quote:
The transfered books might be saved inside a hidden directory, for example /mnt/onboard/.kobo/dropbox.

In which case, you could add a library to your Settings.toml:
Code:
[[libraries]]
name = "Dropbox"
path = "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/dropbox"
You can then load this library from the Library submenu of the library menu (you can bring up the library menu by tapping the library label in the bottom bar).
Thanks a lot baskerville, that worked like a charm! I tried to do this with the articles from pocket (they're in a folder located in "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/articles) but it didn't work, probably due to the complex nature of the folder (each article is in a folder with photos and an html file). So it's not possible for me to add these pocket articles to the library of plato, is that correct?

On another matter, regarding my previous question I managed to use your wordnet dictionary and it's awesome! I tried to use the others I had downloaded (I also read in other languages that not English) but when I unzip the bz2 files I told you about, I have a folder with a .txt, a dict.dz, an .idx and .ifo files, together with a res folder filled with .jpg files. Is it possible for me to use this in plato? I tried putting the folder (and then later the files) with no luck in the dictionaries folder.

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm feeling very dumb, but I have no knowledge in coding...

And again, I just want to express how much I appreciate your development and your support, you're awesome!
Old 07-14-2020, 02:15 AM   #554
favero_
Enthusiast

One other thing, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's me: I try to change the font, but when I do in the menu the actual font don't change. Most of th epubs I've tested have Publisher Fonts, I'm not sure if that's a problem... I also changed the Settings.toml and put the font-path as /mnt/onboard/.adds/plato/fonts, but with no luck...
Old 07-14-2020, 05:07 AM   #555
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
I tried to do this with the articles from pocket (they're in a folder located in "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/articles) but it didn't work, probably due to the complex nature of the folder (each article is in a folder with photos and an html file).
You could manually import all the HTML files in .kobo/articles. However, as far as I remember, it won't be enough: some kind of non-standard syntax is being used for image tags.

What I would recommend instead is to switch to Wallabag:
  • Add the following hook to Settings.toml (after the On Board library entry):
    Code:
    [[libraries.hooks]]
    path = "Articles"
    program = "bin/article_fetcher/article_fetcher"
    sort-method = "added"
    second-column = "progress"
  • Rename Settings-sample.toml (in bin/article_fetcher) to Settings.toml and fill it out.
  • For the initial retrieval, bring up the library menu and select Toggle Select > Articles.

Quote:
I tried to use the others I had downloaded (I also read in other languages that not English) but when I unzip the bz2 files I told you about, I have a folder with a .txt, a dict.dz, an .idx and .ifo files, together with a res folder filled with .jpg files. Is it possible for me to use this in plato?
The listing of file extensions indicates that you're talking about a StarDict dictionary. As I've mentioned before, you can convert these dictionaries to the format Plato uses (dictd).