Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Here's hoping Paris follow suit to give Zelda a break from SHUMS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11340226
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Hey hey, hope for Queen Z. ?
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Ok, wait. As much as I want Zippy and the others that live near schools to have a nice peaceful day. I think this is a pretty silly decision.

Come on, really?! People complained because kids playing outside were loud! I bet these are the same ones that complained that the water was wet. Unless these are some extraordinarily loud children I think someone is being a bit over-sensitive. I hope they feel good about it...

News flash....

Kids playing outside during recess are loud, and in other news Tuesday still follows Monday and night follows day.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Well, personally, I hate when water is wet.

DOWN WITH SHUMS!!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
...errr?

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
[...]
+1
And especially when cold water is cold... hm.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
+1
And especially when cold water is cold... hm.
There should definitely be a law against that
Old 09-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
which came first, I wonder, the houses or the school.

but is no more a silly decision than that made by council officers who tell farmers their chickens are too noisy in the mornings as complaints come in from townies relocating to the countryside.

and then there is this ! Plymouth
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #9
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!
Whatever happened to solving your own problems?
It's so simple!
1) Soundproof your home,
2) Move next to a cemetary, or
3) Buy a rifle and pick off a few kiddies. That shuts them up!
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Ok, wait. As much as I want Zippy and the others that live near schools to have a nice peaceful day. I think this is a pretty silly decision.
Hence why I used the used unutterably silly tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
and then there is this ! Plymouth
You need to see that one on Google Earth to see the full scale of it! Can't help wondering why he moved somewhere like that instead of somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
It's so simple!
1) Soundproof your home,
I'd go for options 1 & 3 I think (It'd be necessary next to a cemetery in some locations too - popular locations for kids drinking and stuff)
Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 AM   #11
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
the cemetery is good if you do not watch TV at night.

but i like noisy kids. better than car radios at full blast
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #12
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
It's so simple!
1) Soundproof your home,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I'd go for options 1 & 3 I think (It'd be necessary next to a cemetery in some locations too - popular locations for kids drinking and stuff)
If you go with numbers 1 and 3 eventually you'll get number 2 as well.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #13
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
the cemetery is good if you do not watch TV at night.

but i like noisy kids. better than car radios at full blast
I like cemeteries empty of living humans (dead and undead ones don't bother me). Unfortunately in some areas kids (and I'm using the term quite loosely) go to them to be anti social in peace (drugs, drinking, vandalism, etc)

But very true - I'd sooner noisy kids than car stereos at full blast, especially when it appears to be a bass-powered car...

Quote:
So, a win-win situation?

(Just for clarity, despite not enjoying the clamour of children and earsplitting noise, I do think it's a daft thing to do. However, I do wish teachers would pay more attention to their charges when they're out in public on a school trip...)