Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 04-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Overdrive download problems?

I've suddenly begun to have problems downloading Overdrive audiobooks from FLP--my antivirus (AVG) keeps interrupting the download with a threat warning. This happened with an audiobook a couple of days ago, but a second attempt downloaded fine. But today after three failed tries on another audiobook, Overdrive isn't allowing me to download--sheesh, if I'd known I was only allowed three tries I would have turned off the antivirus temporarily. I've contacted FLP, so hopefully I'll be able to try again.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm baffled by the three-try limit--what's the point? Why would anyone possibly try to download a book multiple times, especially to the same device, unless the download wasn't working???
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've long ago dumped AVG. I have found AVG is famous for false positives.

If you can, turn off AVG before you download from Overdrive and see how it goes. If that does not work, then it's time to kiss AVG goodbye.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've long ago dumped AVG. I have found AVG is famous for false positives.

If you can, turn off AVG before you download from Overdrive and see how it goes. If that does not work, then it's time to kiss AVG goodbye.
After I contacted FLP they reset the limit and I was able to turn off the antivirus and download the book. I was told that the limit is three download attempts for audiobooks, but you have a whopping thirty tries for e-books!

In the past I'd never had any trouble with AVG and Overdrive--just suddenly for the last two books from FLP.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:14 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Different device, different problem with Overdrive.

The last two times trying to d/l an overdrive audio book on my LG Volt phone over wifi, it d/l the first 6 parts, then I have to go through the process to download all other parts one at a time. Very annoying!

Anyone else?

I listen to OD books on the Volt. In the past I have had issues listening to them on my Windows phone, namely that it won't proceed to the next part without my interference.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Whatever the issue was with Overdrive and my antivirus, it's now gone away, and I've been able to download without any hassle whatsoever.
Advert