Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 02-22-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Audiobooks.com--downloading?

What the heck am I doing wrong? I signed up for the Audiobooks.com free trial; originally I thought I'd just listen on my PC at home, but site logged me off twice after a half hour or so, each time not retaining my place in the book. So today I figured I'd go with the Android app, but while the book plays, it won't download.

Of the two freebie books, one says it's downloading, but stays at 0 percent downloaded; the other says it's queued for download. I'm mystified. I tried shutting off wifi, and then the download-that-isn't-downloading paused. Connected again, and now it's back to 0 percent, where it's been for a couple of hours while I thought I was listening to a download but apparently have been listening to streaming audio.

Beyond frustrated. I had already sent a complaint about the problems I was having trying to listen on the PC, but got no real help. Now this. Grrr.

ETA: One book has finally started to download, at a snail's pace, who knows why--right now it's showing 23 hours until complete. This is an 11-hour book!

Last edited by Catlady; 02-22-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote