Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 05:39 AM   #46
Lelir1980
Lelir1980 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
As far as you know, is it possible to change the Paperwhite's turn page settings so that tapping on the upper half of the right side of the page turns the pages back and tapping on the lower half turns the pages forward?
Thank you again.
Lelir1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #47
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelir1980 View Post
As far as you know, is it possible to change the Paperwhite's turn page settings so that tapping on the upper half of the right side of the page turns the pages back and tapping on the lower half turns the pages forward?
Thank you again.
Not natively, however there was some work done in the Developer's Corner on rearranging the tap locations (specifically for a left handed person IIRC). You might post there...I seem to recall twobob helping with it.
Good Luck! ...you might check here and see if Cool Reader will do it for you.

Last edited by GoSharks; 01-17-2014 at 03:34 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #48
Lelir1980

Wow, thanks!
Coolreader seems to be the solution, but I have just posted my question in that thread

Last edited by Lelir1980; 01-17-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #49
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Thank you again.
You can just tap to turn the page forward and swipe to turn it back, no real need to worry about changing the touch zone settings. It's only the tap motion that is mapped to certain areas of the screen, but you can use the swipe motion to turn backwards in the same area you tap to go forwards in the book.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:44 AM   #50
Lelir1980

You are right, but my issue is I have small hands and with my Kndle NT I can hold the device and turn pages forward and backward with one hand, while I couldn't do the same when I tried a Kobo Aura. This is why I am not sure wether I should buy or not to buy a Paperwhite (ah, life's big problems )
Advert
Old 01-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
You are right, but my issue is I have small hands and with my Kndle NT I can hold the device and turn pages forward and backward with one hand, while I couldn't do the same when I tried a Kobo Aura. This is why I am not sure wether I should buy or not to buy a Paperwhite (ah, life's big problems )
I have small hands and have no problem reading one handed with the Paperwhite.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:42 AM   #52
Lelir1980

That's very good to know, Blossom
Old 01-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #53
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
The PW2 light looks even. The fonts are also more crisp and defined. However, both look like you are reading trough a glass window with a piece of paper behind? I mean, not bad, but when you compare to a Kindle Touch you see the difference.

To me, is a good compromise. You can read out doors or indoors, which you can't with a tablet. However, my iPad Mini retina display has way better contrast.

I would definitely skip the PW1 from anyone trying to get their 1st Kindle Paperwhite, even if it's second hand.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote