Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
R1_guy
R1_guy began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO WIFI
Using Multiple Kobo causing problems with Calibre

Hi There,

I have an older Kobo wifi and 2 brand new ones. I was using calibre 8.6 for the old one but updated to 8.23 and the older wifi is recognized but books won't transfer. I then tried loading books from my calibre library to the new Kobo but the new (8.23) calibre won't even recognize that the Kobo is connected. I should mention that I'm on a Mac. I've tried going back to 8.6 from 8.23 but the new units can't be seen by calibre at all. I dragged and dropped some books onto the new Kobo and they can be read o.k.

Any suggestions from multiple Kobo users?
R1_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
This is clunky, but perhaps a portable edition of Calibre for each device, with all pointing to a common Calibre library folder? Then you would have an instance of Calibre for every device exclusively, but they all had the same access to your existing library. I've never tried it but it's a shot.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
R1_guy
R1_guy began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO WIFI
Thanks Latch,

Something I just tried was to use the connect/share button on the top menu bar of Calibre. I then select the Kobo ereader and transfered a few books that way. It seemed to work o.k. It's also a bit clunky but it seems to work, for now.

Joe
R1_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Any port in a storm. Glad you got it going.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I use two Kobo WiFi and 1 Kobo Touch with a single installation of Calibre. I always run the latest build. So far, no trouble.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
We have two Kobo original's, a Kobo WiFi, and a Kobo Touch using the same Calibre with no problem
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote