Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #16
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
My iphone 3g is running fine with IOS4. It IS a little more sluggish, which I notice the most on the unlock screen. It's worth it to me to have ibooks and app folders though.

That being said, because of the slower performance I recommended to my wife that we not upgrade her 3G.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #17
Bluebaize
Enthusiast
Bluebaize doesn't litterBluebaize doesn't litter

Device: iPad
My iPod was upgraded and that now has no wifi. Need to look into it, but everything was fine before the upgrade.

This is a 32GB 3rd gen Ipod that has never been jailbroken and is relatively new too.
Bluebaize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2010, 01:42 PM   #18
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
My 3GS worked fine after the upgrade. I love the file system. I have just gotten the iphone 4 and love it. I use my phone as a phone and camera. I play most games on my ipad now. I can't wait till I can have folders on the pad. I already have all my pages full as it is.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
The wifi problems with ios4 are mainly problems with the wifi network itself, there are problems with some routers and modems. I've never had any problem with the iPad and I also updated my 3G. Like said very accurately in this thread the 3G is a bit sluggish but alone iBooks is worth the upgrade. Maybe you should inspect your wifi network or configuration. Good Luck
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #20
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
os4 has reduced my 3G to the speed of an asthmatic snail.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ipad, iphone, wifi