Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #31
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
To be honest: No. If my wife would ask me if she can fly to a meeting in the US then i would say: "Sure honey. Have Fun!".

Well, maybe i would "forget" buying her a return ticket...

a little joke, non !?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I hope it is dry and not too chilly for you ..... enjoy ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #33
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
a little joke, non !?
Yes, just a little joke. Every once in a while she takes a look at MobileRead...

I wish all who will participate in the meetup a lot of fun and many interesting talks. Have fun!
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
what do you say, florence, i vote we use this as our new motto ! and i think we should have some t-shirts made up with the expression !

Quote:
Yes, just a little joke. Every once in a while she takes a look at MobileRead...

I wish all who will participate in the meetup a lot of fun and many interesting talks. Have fun!
thank you ! i am sure it will be a great evening ! it's coming up soon, only a couple of hours away now !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #35
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
have fun!!!
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #36
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Well, tasty maybe. Let's just say you have good taste.
Couldn't possibly say before actually tasting!
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #37
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It would be possible. Go to the nearest harbour, rent a boat, put the car on the boat, and paddle to the other side of that pond... Or, you could take the long way round, by way of Alaska and Siberia, you'd have less to paddle then...
Sure... I've always wanted to take an extended vacation! Although by the time I got there (taking into consideration my lack of direction and ability to easily get lost), the 2011 meetup would probably have come and gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey, if your daughter says you can come, we expect you to be there !! i hope you've got a couple of oars for when you get to the ocean !
Or I could swim!

Quote:
To be honest: No. If my wife would ask me if she can fly to a meeting in the US then i would say: "Sure honey. Have Fun!".

Well, maybe i would "forget" buying her a return ticket...
Ha! But then she'd be the one having all the fun, and you'd be stuck at home bored stiff. :P

I hope y'all have a great time! I'll drink a cup of coffee in honor of you! (Coffee's as strong as I dare to get... I can hardly hold my caffeine... no telling what would happen if I tried something stronger... even a sip and I'd be off my rocker.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #38
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Typing with Ygg wife's iPad.
We already have quite a few devices. Some Sony, a few Cybooks, a Pocketbook, an Archos ... (This message was typed by Gaurnim, because Eowyn had some trouble with the Ipad's keyboard).
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #39
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

SO! There we are!

We have Queen Z., Gaurnim & his better half, Chlorine, FlorenceArt of avatar fame, Eowyn Carter, Randy11 and yours truly!
The machines : an iPad, several CyBooks, several Sonys (and especially a red Sony who's owner I don't dare to mention...)...
The weather is terrible (grey, cold, cloudy, wet, sh*tty....)
Everybody's trying the iPad, with different levels of success...
The conversations range from problems with the machines to the quality of the wine....
The drinks are... variegated... (to be continued)
Old 06-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #40
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
We have Queen Z., Gaurnim & his better half, Chlorine, FlorenceArt of avatar fame, Eowyn Carter, Randy11 and yours truly!
The machines : an iPad, several CyBooks, several Sonys (and especially a red Sony who's owner I don't dare to mention...)...
The weather is terrible (grey, cold, cloudy, wet, sh*tty....)
Everybody's trying the iPad, with different levels of success...
The conversations range from problems with the machines to the quality of the wine....
The drinks are... variegated... (to be continued)
You don't mean....? No, couldn't be. Could it??
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
Couldn't possibly say before actually tasting!
Oh noes ! If i were you i would run away !
Old 06-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

Hère i am on ygg,s wife's,s iPad. I discover thaï it,s impossible to mulyiquote! Also typing is sometimes a bit difficulté... And apparently it is changing word s without asking me , hm....

But anyway we are having a lot of fun!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #43
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Hère i am on ygg,s wife's,s iPad. I discover thaï it,s impossible to mulyiquote! Also typing is sometimes a bit difficulté...
That's curious. I see no evidence of it.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #44
zelda_pinwheel

Hère i am on ygg,s wife's,s iPad. I discover thaï it,s impossible to mulyiquote! Also typing is sometimes a bit difficulté... And apparently it is changing word s without asking me , hm....

But anyway we are having a lot of fun!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #45
YGG-
Dry fruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
You don't mean....? No, couldn't be. Could it??
I'm probably mistaken...(but-but-but...)

Tags
apéro, meet-up, meetup, paris