Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Cleaning the iPad neoprene case

Does anyone have any tips for cleaning the Apple neoprene case for the iPad? I've only had mine for two weeks, but it seems to pick up marks very easily, and rubbing with a damp cloth doesn't appear to be a very effective way of cleaning it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
There is a youtube video for that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DwOoK2w1b8
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
you mean the black flip back one? it's not neoprene. hmm. mine hasn't picked up any scratches. a few crumbs from the kitchen table when i'm eating and reading my feeds. i just brushed them off.

might try alcohol, since it will evaporate faster than water. or a dry brush. depends on what you're getting on it i guess.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

just tried 91% isopropyl alcohol on one of those "lint free" cloths. didn't leave anything on the case and i guess it cleaned the surface. evaporated pretty instantly. cheaper than those ikleer wipes.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
Trubu
Zealot
Trubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, iPhone 3GS, iPad
Ugh. I love the fit and function of the Apple case, but its tendency to pick up random smears and stains drives me crazy. I'll have to try rubbing alcohol - like Harry said, a damp cloth doesn't really cut it.
Trubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #6
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Baby wipes.... They are amazing.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
scottjl
Reader of Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
and your ipad will smell so fresh!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #8
Trubu
Zealot
Trubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enoughTrubu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, iPhone 3GS, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Now there's an idea...and I do have two kids in diapers, so no shortage of them around the house!
Trubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Try a dive shop for wet-suit cleaner...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote