Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
craigwillie
craigwillie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: rooted nook
B&N to launch games on the nook

According to an interview with the B&N CEO on Fox, they will be launching "games on the nook shortly"

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/41470...ylist_id=87028
craigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwillie View Post
According to an interview with the B&N CEO on Fox, they will be launching "games on the nook shortly"

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/41470...ylist_id=87028
I can't see the clip.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #3
ne14abeer
ne14abeer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
That has to be the dumbest CEO I've ever met. They need to fix all the other problems with the nook before they even think about games. How about fixing the freeze problem, not reading My Documents files, battery life, etc. Games is at the very bottom of my list of things they need to make the nook do.
It was a poor interview at best, but I can't beleive he even mentioned that they have programmers working on games when the nook has so many other problems.
Sheeeesh!!
ne14abeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
abo.saud
abo.saud began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I think it will be just puzzle games like chess or sudoku
I think they will add e-mail client and to-do or calender app
I hope next update will improve the speed, improve
the ability to read PDF files and bring good futures
abo.saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by abo.saud View Post
I think it will be just puzzle games like chess or sudoku
I think they will add e-mail client and to-do or calender app
I hope next update will improve the speed, improve
the ability to read PDF files and bring good futures
Yes, that was an inane interview. My view is that I do not need my nook to have any games. I don't even need the music player it came with. What I do need is the ability to sort books into folders, extended battery life and, yes, improved PDF handling.

Last edited by lionel47; 04-22-2010 at 05:45 AM. Reason: spelled "nook" wrong
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Games aren't going to be very fun on a colorless e-ink display with no good controls...
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote