Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Question Order or reading meta data.

I am preparing subscription book for import into calibre and I use ebook-convert and ebook-meta to do so. Once the books are perfect I start the import.

However the result was not perfect after all. So I wonder: what takes priority when importing meta data: File-name extraction or embedded meta data. I begin to thing it might be file-name in which case I would which for a "do not use file-names for meta data" option.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

I forgot: if you import multiple formats: which format is used to read the meta data?
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
file name extraction is not used unless set the preference option for it. metadata read from multiple formats will be a union of metadata from all formats. Which ones take priority are hard coded, look in the ebooks.metadata.meta module for details.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 AM   #4
krischik
Addict

Unhappy Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
file name extraction is not used unless set the preference option for it. metadata read from multiple formats will be a union of metadata from all formats. Which ones take priority are hard coded, look in the ebooks.metadata.meta module for details.
Code:
_METADATA_PRIORITIES = [
                       'html', 'htm', 'xhtml', 'xhtm',
                       'rtf', 'fb2', 'pdf', 'prc', 'odt',
                       'epub', 'lit', 'lrx', 'lrf', 'mobi',
                       'rb', 'imp', 'azw'
                      ]
If I understand the code right with my limited Python skills then mobi takes priority over epub. (Order is low priority -> high priority).

An opf file takes priority over everything - That is: if an opf file is successfully read then other files are skipped.

And file-names are used as fallback if reading meta-data fails for whatever reason.

That would explain my problems but also offers a solution: I just need to create an opf file from the epub .

Martin