Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
mortspeck
mortspeck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Reader
Transfer to another e-book

Is it possible to transfer books from my e-book to my computer so I can then transfer them to my wife's new Sony Pocket Reader. If yes, could you give me a step by step.

Could you e-mail your answer to <mort@hms.harvard.edu> I figure I'd have trouble finding the answer on the forum

Thanks a lot.

Mort
mortspeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Depends. Are both devices registered with the application that downloaded the books or are they drm-free?

If they are DRM books they will need to go through the Library app - Sony and or Adobe Digital Editions and then load them onto the new reader once it is registered with the app.

If they are drm free you can just copy them to a directory and then plug in the new reader and copy to it...

Oh and welcome to mobileread!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Mort and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortspeck View Post
Is it possible to transfer books from my e-book to my computer so I can then transfer them to my wife's new Sony Pocket Reader. If yes, could you give me a step by step.

Could you e-mail your answer to <mort@hms.harvard.edu> I figure I'd have trouble finding the answer on the forum

Thanks a lot.

Mort
Welcome to mobileRead, Mort.

You may want to delete your email address. Thats a sure fire way to get tons of spam.

Its easy to find your way back here.. Just look up where it says "new posts", click on the arrow, and select "Your posts" from the menu.
This will show only your posts......and any answers to your questions which have been posted...

Enjoy,
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
You should also get a notification of any replies, I believe it's the default setting of these bulleting boards.

I just wanted to mention that an ebook is just the BOOK. The device you own is called an ebook reader.
Yes yes, I know, nitpicking ... but it might lead to confusion further on.

As to your original question: like kennyc said, if the books are "open" and not copy protected, you can drag the files from your device onto your desktop computer (or laptop, obviously) and then drag them onto your wife's reader.
If you bought the books, chances are pretty high that they are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected and won't open on another device. In that case you might want to look into removing that copy protection, there are a number of threads on this subject. But since it's a rather shady thing to do, depending on what country you are in, concrete tutorials of removal won't be found here.

And welcome
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #6
mortspeck
mortspeck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket Reader
Happy New Year and Thanks for all your help! MUCH appreciated.

Mort Speck AKA Dr. Jazz
mortspeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
tyncam
tyncam began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Just began using an e-Reader with my recent purchase of a Nook - is anyone aware if the new firmware update will address the formatting issue for each book every time you select it to read - the only time I do not see the formatting message is from the "reading now" option ...
tyncam is offline   Reply With Quote