Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Matth3w
Matth3w began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Why do some Calibre converted books open in Word?

Why do some documents, despite being converted from PDF to LRF, open up in Microsoft Word on the eReader?
Matth3w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Which digital reader do you mean? ("eReader" is the name of a software program, not a hardware gadget).

Your "Device" says "Sony 505" - which I also have. It doesn't have the capability to "open Microsoft Word". One thing I might guess - where did the PDF come from? I thought Word can create PDF files...maybe the PDF was created with Word, and is somehow tagged to say so.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
Matth3w
Matth3w began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Actually now that I think about it, I bet she assumed it was opening in Word because there was a Word cover instead of a book cover because that is where the book was created.
Matth3w is offline   Reply With Quote