Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
3 weeks, 1 click and cybook ordered

I would just like to share my experience with everyone.......

For almost a month , I've been reading , searching,researching about the readers of all kinds, quite lots of information. With the new cybook update , I zoomed downed to cybook(it took 1 week to decide this) ,

Then came the part how to order it ? I researched ,emailed bookeen about delivery(2 weeks no reply yet) , talked with dear naeb guys who were oh so prompt, and zeroed it down to every penny it will cost me , and then I realized to ship to India would require me to almost 1/4th the cost as taxes.

Week 3 , I thought again , I would be going to UK for business trip with my brother may be there ,illiad but it's $150 more expensive,but it has reseller in UK that would be awesome.... choices choices choices..

I bored my brother like I am doing you , he told me sit down and not utter one word, he nicely open cbyook's webpage ,and ordered by his credit card to his business partner in UK and vallah ,we are done .And now I await for my delievery , I expect 3 weeks , maybe more let's see I shall keep you posted how much time does bokeen does take....
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Congratulations!

I will be very keen to follow your adventure up to receiving it (I hope it's much less then 3 weeks)!

Best,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2008, 10:03 AM   #3
pakiyabhai
Zealot

i hope so myself
Old 05-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
i hope so myself
I'm glad to hear it.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Glad to hear that. Where bouts in India are you by the way?

I did seriously think about getting my order delivered to Delhi by NAEB when the order was delayed as I am flying down for a few weeks, but ran into the same trouble of customs fees.

And having had experience of India Customs at IGIA (Residence move a few years ago), its a major pain in the b***. (It has improved in the last decade, but not enough )

I ended up Cancelling my NAEB order and ordering it directly from bookeen, swallowing the Premium. But Props to the NAEB guys, for giving the best advice, even if the advice is to buy from someone else.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
pakiyabhai
Zealot

I agree , I stay at mumbai , customs are getting worse day by day that's all I've heard . Moment I discussed with my dad he said expect miniumum Rs.3000-4000 depending upon the officer's 'whims & wishes' btw ...

Let's just wait and watch.

i agree naeb amazing email services,repiles asaps
Old 06-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #7
pakiyabhai
Zealot

I've finally got it. I wud like to know whether what I've received is the latest
In the abt I see
Boo reader
Version 1.0 (build 681) is this the latest? Coz what I've been reading is that 1.1 is the latest
Old 06-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Enjoy!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
681? Interesting - that's a new version!

The update version will reflash to 685, but I seriously doubt there's going to be any noticeable different between 681 and 685. I'd leave well alone if I were you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
I've finally got it. I wud like to know whether what I've received is the latest
In the abt I see
Boo reader
Version 1.0 (build 681) is this the latest? Coz what I've been reading is that 1.1 is the latest
Do you have 512MB of internal flash RAM?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #11
pakiyabhai
Zealot

Yes it does I believe. I connected it to my pc and the flashdrive shows 499mb.
So I've the latest version right? (I mean the newer version)?
No updating then as harry said
Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Not updating is probably a good idea, because the update breaks PDF support for a lot of files.

Still best of luck with your Gen3, and getting some desi content onto it
Old 06-10-2008, 03:57 AM   #13
pakiyabhai
Zealot

Thanx u thanx u
Desi content I really doubt much is available. I've got the books prepurchased which I wanted to read
Dexter , terry's discworld series

Now I'm going to purchase a dictionary though in the next few days.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #14
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Well, if you want something semi Desi, Ashok K. Banker's Prince of Ayodhya is available.

But Terry's great thing to read. I've got all his books, and most of the recent ones in Hard back. In fact i just bought two of the new companion books that have come out, namely The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld By Stephen Briggs and The Discworld Companion by Andrew Butler. Unfortunately couldn't find them as E-books or would have definitely Gotten those.

By the way, have you tried the RSS feature in the desktop Mobipocket Reader.
It grabs the headlines and the articles from a number of sites, and convert them into a Mobi book which you can put on the Gen3.

I've currently got about 6 to 8 sites set in it and it is a really great feature.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #15
pakiyabhai
Zealot

i haven't tried the rss feature as yet , i am still travelling ,maybe next week when i've access to a proper desktop.