Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
Chauncey
Chauncey began at the beginning.

Device: ETI-2
calibre server question

I have had the calibre server working for me for over a year using a Dyndns web-hop. Then all of a sudden it stopped working, took me over a week to look at the cabling ( the office was repainted during a weekend ). The network now appears to be working correctly I can access the calibre server from any computer on the network, but not through the internet.

I am not really sure where the problem is.

So my question is If I know the ip address of my router is 189.38.133.XXX
Should I not be able to access the calibre server from the internet by typing in the address bar of the browser 189.38.133.XXX:8080

Chauncey
Chauncey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
format is: http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:80xx/stanza
check your port is correct in Calibre preferences in the Sharing over the Net icon.
Also my IP regularly changes the last 3 digits so what used to work before sometimes needs to be adjusted (the last 3 digits of the IP)
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
On the router you DO need to have arranged to port forward the port you show (8080) to your PC.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I will assume that you used the Servers Name (yes that can work with some routers) from the internal LAN

Port forwarding was probably set to a previous internal IP .
When the painters stopped the connection for a long time, the server got a new IP assignment and the port forward is obsolete (or going to the wrong system that goes )

1) best to set up your router to reserve a specific IP whenever it sees the server machine attach. If reservation is not possible. assign a Static IP, Subnet mask, DNS server to that system (reserved is the easy way )
2)match the port forward to the reservation IP
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
Chauncey
Chauncey began at the beginning.

Device: ETI-2
Ok... LOL while I was waiting for a reply... and they were pretty fast... I tried changing the default gateway on the server computer.... Mistake I no longer have internet connection with this machine so any additional work will have to wait until tomorrow (national holiday in Brasil).

However the port forwarding is set up, and a static address is assigned.

Damn, LOL really wish I hadn't tried changing the default gateway because I want to say that any computer on the lan can access the calibre server with the web-hop address. I really belive this because I would not have felt the porblem solved without checking the web-hop address.

Aw well it waits till tomorrow.... thanks for your replies

Chauncey
Chauncey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
Damn, LOL really wish I hadn't tried changing the default gateway because I want to say that any computer on the lan can access the calibre server with the web-hop address. I really belive this because I would not have felt the porblem solved without checking the web-hop address.
By any chance, do you have URL masking enabled in webhop? If so disable it.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote