Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-21-2007, 08:39 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
COOL video of an interactive e-paper magazine

Here is a cool video of a prototype e-paper solution dubbed "iMag" (as interactive Magazine). If you ask me, it sorta turns the whole e-paper idea on its head.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SyNDieqi9eY

Btw, the music... from what TV show is it again?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imag1.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	3241   Click image for larger version

Name:	imag2.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	3242  
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Gahh! The camera shake is really bad on that one! Very interesting video, even so. It looks like he's just working with a piece of paper in a clear plastic sleeve of some sort, I wish there was some discussion of what they're actually doing here, or what they expect to be doing eventually.

I don't recognize the music at all, TadW, sorry I can't help you there.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The way it was used in the video, it seemed more like an image capture tool... not quite "interactive."

It did make me think, though: Suppose an e-paper magazine page allowed you to tap on a text or image link with your finger or a pen, and call up the link on your PC screen? I'd call that interactive.

No idea what show the music came from. And was it me, or was that video fuzzy? (Darned glasses...)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
@TadW

Not really interactivity. Perhaps closer to image capture

The music comes from American Beauty OST(08) by Thomas Newman.
(Great movie by the way...)

Last edited by BKeeper; 04-21-2007 at 10:47 AM.
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote