Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
fschulze
fschulze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question Builtin Browser over USBNetwork without WiFi

Hi!

For a few hours now I'm trying to get the Kindle Browser to work over USBNetwork with WiFi disabled. But I always get the "Turn On Wireless" Dialog. When I click "Cancel" the page doesn't load.

Is there a way to disable the dialog and let the browser use the USB network, without enabling WiFi?

I got everything working with packet forwarding etc. I can ping stuff on the Internet from the Kindle.

I got a Kindle Touch (D01200) with Firmware 5.3.7.3 and the current Jailbreak and USBNetwork.

Regards,
Florian Schulze
fschulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
No way known with the Amazon browser.
Install our build of SkipStone, it was originally built on and for a KT, so you should not have any problems with it.

If you do have troubles, report back.
5.3.7.3 was a long time ago, I do not recall if we have to manual setup routing when the system is in: "wireless off" mode.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #3
fschulze
fschulze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Cool, it works pretty well for what I need.

Do you have any info on the capabilities of the browser? WebKit or Gecko Version?

Can I access pillow or lipc stuff from the browser to show for example battery level?

Thanks!
fschulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Your post reads as if you have found our posted SkipStone.
It is the WebKit version, I recall because it took him 3 or 4 days to compile GTK-Webkit on his KT.
All of that technical stuff should be in twobob's thread on his building SkipStone for the kindles.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, usbnetwork, wifi