Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 04:12 PM   #106
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I loved the book, and that was the original cover on it (cheesy or not, I loved the cover too ) and still have it. It was one that got passed around to most all readers in my family and friends (several that cursed me out because of being scared while reading it), but one I was sure I got back when they were finished with it. Rick Hautala became one of my favorite authors after that and the few paperbacks that I didn't dump when going digital.

I intended to make it animated so you see the change, just never got around to it.
Well I'm not going to ignore a recommendation like that! I have a number of his books, but I didn't have that one. I do now.

The new cover is classier, but I admit I have a soft spot for the cheesy skeletons and possessed kids from the '80's horror boom. (Fingers crossed that Amazon won't move to KFX only before I get home tonight!)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #107
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've never cared the least little bit about metadata, or covers, or organizing my ebooks (or pbooks, for that matter) in any way. I'm only interested in reading them* and then reading the next one. I have zero librarian dna in me. So ebooks have made EVERYTHING about reading easier, and more convenient for me.

* I DO tweak the formatting of my ebooks sometimes. But only if it's distractingly bad. And even then, there's a limit to how much effort I'll put into it. At some point, I'll just delete the book and move on if it's too horrifically formatted.
I don't mess with books I buy, I just read them. Once I got a book where I couldn't change the font size - it was way too big for me - and I reported it to the seller (the now-defunct Sony store) and they got it fixed and I was able to redownload it. Other than that, the books I've bought have been readable as-is.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:09 PM   #108
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've never cared the least little bit about metadata, or covers, or organizing my ebooks (or pbooks, for that matter) in any way. I'm only interested in reading them.
Sometimes I feel as if I'm on a quest to organize every e-book or piece of music ever written. Ik can't have stuff in my library with incorrect information :X
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:02 PM   #109
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I loved the book, and that was the original cover on it (cheesy or not, I loved the cover too ) and still have it. It was one that got passed around to most all readers in my family and friends (several that cursed me out because of being scared while reading it), but one I was sure I got back when they were finished with it. Rick Hautala became one of my favorite authors after that and the few paperbacks that I didn't dump when going digital.

I intended to make it animated so you see the change, just never got around to it.
The cover image used as your avatar looks more like it's from a CD package. My old copy of Night Stone has the central image with the title/author name at the top. At best, I'd describe the cover as beaten -- severely. The contents? Still bother me late at night. Much like the ending of Amelia with Karen Stone, you really want to forget it.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #110
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The cover image used as your avatar looks more like it's from a CD package. My old copy of Night Stone has the central image with the title/author name at the top. At best, I'd describe the cover as beaten -- severely.
I'd just assumed he edited the photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The contents? Still bother me late at night. Much like the ending of Amelia with Karen Stone, you really want to forget it.
That seals it! Once I finish the comics miniseries I'm reading (Kirby: Genesis), Night Stone is next!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote