Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #16
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
"Select zoom" and "two-point zoom" are two different options ("two-point zoom" introduced in 1.7). To say the truth I do not know, what is the difference between those two. There must be some, but I haven't discovered it...

1.7 RC is stable (it is not worse in stability respect than regular 1.6), so I wouldn't be affraid to install it.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
rolexconfuse
Connoisseur
rolexconfuse began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
There are 2 versions of 1.7 RC isn't there? Which one would be the right one? Weren't there also boot errors with 1.7 RC?
rolexconfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
I did not read about any boot errors.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #19
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexconfuse View Post
There are 2 versions of 1.7 RC isn't there? Which one would be the right one? Weren't there also boot errors with 1.7 RC?
I just installed 1.7 20120326 with absolutely no problems.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
FrancoisL
FrancoisL began at the beginning.

Device: Boox m92
Hello all,

I purchased the Onyx Boox M92 from Onyx Boox USA six weeks ago and it arrived in Canada four days later by US Postal service. No complaint.

The eboox reader is well built and attractive. Not as sturdy as the Sony, but better than the Kindle (IMO). The cover is OK, not great. The pen is the only weak point. It is too small, but it works. The cables and power supply are nice and well built.

I purchased one 32 GB SD card ($29) and loaded ALL the PDF from the thousand of scientific journal articles I accumulated over the last 25 years. I added ALL the PDF from the Health Physics Journal and Radiation Protection and Dosimetry since they started publishing, plus several textbooxs.

BTW, if you scan books, scan them in BW instead of grey scale, run them through Acrobat professional version 9 and do the OCR. It will straighten the pages, and add the text to the PDF file. It become easier to read and search the file.

This is very liberating. I feel like I did when I bought my first ipod and loaded all my music collection. I can now carry all my documents in a sliver of plastic. My wife used to cringe when I brought home two or three filing boxes full of articles for the weekend at the cottage. NOT ANYMORE!!

If you read PDF files, the M92 is perfect (it is actually better than that - wink). As a tablet and a web browser, it is barely usable. As far as I am concerned, this is a great purchase and I will cherish my PRECIOUS ebook reader.

Another nice thing is that there is a community that provides advice, support and files to add. Booxtor is the ring-leader and we love him for it. Keep up the good work, Booxtor.

Last edited by FrancoisL; 04-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.
FrancoisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #21
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
I'm glad you liked it, FrancoisL. Let us know if you have any other questions.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #22
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoisL View Post
Hello all,

BTW, if you scan books, scan them in BW instead of grey scale, run them through Acrobat professional version 9 and do the OCR. It will straighten the pages, and add the text to the PDF file. It become easier to read and search the file.

Can you be more specific about how to make texts straight? I have acrobat X and after OCRed, the text appears to be the same as scanned, no alignment correct at all.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #23
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Straighten PDF files in Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jian1 View Post
Can you be more specific about how to make texts straight? I have acrobat X and after OCRed, the text appears to be the same as scanned, no alignment correct at all.
If you're in Acrobat Pro, just go to Document --> Optimize Scannned PDF, and it will automatically straighten out the page. It's not perfect, because if you have two or more objects that are all not straight, it will not fix that for you. It can only do it if there's only one object per scanned page.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote