Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-12-2022, 03:36 PM   #1
RWTS
Enthusiast
RWTS began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
GlowLight Plus Battery

I've had my Nook GlowLight Plus 7.8" reader for about 16 months now and have encountered my first issue.

Last night I finished reading a book and the battery was at 31%. Nothing unusual. I've often run it down to single digits. I plugged the Nook in to charge. Got up this morning and the light was green, but the Nook reports a charge of only 79%.

I powered it down, let it stay off for a few minutes and turned it on. Plugged it in to charge again. Two hours later the light is green again, yet it's still showing only 79% charged.

I'm using the original cable that came with the device, as I always do, and a Nook branded AC adapter. I now have it plugged into my computer, but it seems permanently stuck on 79%.

Wi-fi and Bluetooth are disabled, so they shouldn't be draining power.

Does this sound like my battery is shot?

----------

Update:

Looks like I solved my own problem. I had four library books loaded on my Nook. I deleted the one I finished and, for the heck of it, removed the other three. The Nook charged right up to 100%.

Is it possible for an ePub to actually prevent a device from fully charging?

Last edited by RWTS; 02-12-2022 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Solved issue.
RWTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:34 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWTS View Post
Update:

Looks like I solved my own problem. I had four library books loaded on my Nook. I deleted the one I finished and, for the heck of it, removed the other three. The Nook charged right up to 100%.

Is it possible for an ePub to actually prevent a device from fully charging?
I'm glad you got it sorted out. I've had similar issues with battery not fully charging (I don't think with a Nook, however). It usually ended up being a low wattage charger. (Obviously not the case here.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2022, 09:10 PM   #3
RWTS
Enthusiast
RWTS began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thanks! I don't recall having any device simply stop charging like this, while the indicator light shows a full charge. Definitely a weird experience.
RWTS is offline   Reply With Quote