Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-505
Kobo Coupon - $2 off "Books for Dad"

Just got an email with Promo Code: books4dad, $ 2 off a list of books you can find here. Offer expires June 27, 2010.

I'd be interested if anyone finds this code, like other Kobo codes, actually works on any book.

[Edited for typo.]
tench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I tried it on a couple of books that weren't on that list and couldn't get it to work - agency priced or non-agency priced. Thanks for sharing though - I'm glad to see Kobo trying to get back into the coupon game at least.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
mlstein
Enthusiast
mlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it ismlstein knows what time it is

Device: iPad (one)
Some good things on that list, and the coupon worked fine for me. Thanks!

Last edited by mlstein; 06-18-2010 at 01:53 PM.
mlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
The code works fine, possibly on all top 50 ebooks category.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
tench
Connoisseur
tench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toystench shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I tried it on a couple of books that weren't on that list and couldn't get it to work - agency priced or non-agency priced. Thanks for sharing though - I'm glad to see Kobo trying to get back into the coupon game at least.
Thanks for trying, Abookreader. I agree, I like that they are still using coupons, and I thought there were some good books on that list.
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Squirsier
Addict
Squirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSquirsier juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Sony: PRS-300, PRS-350. Kobo: Aura v2, Clara HD, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tench View Post
Thanks for trying, Abookreader. I agree, I like that they are still using coupons, and I thought there were some good books on that list.
I bought The Road and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornest's Nest.

The Road wasn't proof read (don't = dont, musn't = musnt, etc). *sigh*

Still, good deal, been meaning to read The Road for a while now.
Squirsier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
Canadian41
Canadian41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
The promocode I actually received and did succeed in using was 2fordad.
Canadian41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
tench
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian41 View Post
The promocode I actually received and did succeed in using was 2fordad.
Huh, that's weird, since I just re-checked the email and mine definitely says "books4dad." They must be doing different promotions.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #9
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
My email had both codes:
Quote:
Cool eBooks at even cooler prices!
Get $2 off every title on our Books for Dad list*

Promo Code: books4dad
Offer expires June 27, 2010
GET YOUR DISCOUNT IN 3 EASY STEPS
1. Choose your eBook & click on “Buy Now”,
2. Sign in or create an account
3. Type in promo code* – 2fordad – & click submit
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:53 AM   #10
lovelyloey
Enthusiast
lovelyloey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Used "books4dad" code, got $2 off a book on the list. Did not work on a book that wasn't on the list.
lovelyloey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
MomMann
MomMann began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
When you say you received the coupon via email - was that from Kobo Books? I ask because I'm signed up but have yet to receive anything from them. The coupons I've used in the past I've had to go looking for but would rather receive them. Thanks!
MomMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #12
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Yes the email was from Kobo Books. But it took quite some time after I registered before I got the coupon email.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote