Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
Fith
Enthusiast
Fith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60
Question Charging the Neo

If the Neo is switched off, but plugged in to USB/Charger, does it chrage? The lights on , but is anyone home...?
Fith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes. The light is bright blue while it's charging, and it changes to a dim blue when it's fully charged.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
Fith
Enthusiast
Fith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60
Thanks. Mine didn't seem to be charging unless I had the Neo switched on, but this was probably 'watched pot' syndrome.
Fith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #4
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Watch out, it doesn't mean charging. It can be using adapter instead of using battery.

ONYX BOOX or BEBOOK Neo has one problem with battery, if it is empty, you can not charge it unless you have special charge to leverage some power before normal charging.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
Watch out, it doesn't mean charging. It can be using adapter instead of using battery.

ONYX BOOX or BEBOOK Neo has one problem with battery, if it is empty, you can not charge it unless you have special charge to leverage some power before normal charging.
That's the first I've heard of that; do you have any source for that information? My Neo definitely charges while switched off - it's my normal method of charging it, in fact.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I agree with Harry and I have had to charge mine a lot. Twice from a totally flat battery.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
LinuxLady
LinuxLady began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's the first I've heard of that; do you have any source for that information? My Neo definitely charges while switched off - it's my normal method of charging it, in fact.
Actually it's a known problem with a lot of USB devices. If the device is completely flat, then the surge on the usb port when attaching the device to a computer can overload the port and cause the computer to switch that port off until the device is unplugged. If you plug it into a mains usb charger you tend not to get that problem and they work fine after the first bit of charging is done

We think it's a bug in a particular type of usb contoller (can't remember which ones) as we've seen it on a variety of usb devices when we plug them into the computer after the summer holidays.

TTFN

LL
LinuxLady is offline   Reply With Quote