Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
hehe
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #17
masc
Enthusiast
masc began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Looks realy good. I hope iRex takes some ideas from this forum.
masc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #18
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
Who needs OS 2.5? I just progged a new fileviewer See it at work
And I justed installed WinXP for Arm to be able to run my favorite web-browser: Opera

Seeing is believing, isn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iliad_opera_fake.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1284  
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #19
vvoi666
Zealot
vvoi666 began at the beginning.

this 'two view' booklist is great tribble.
a combination of my 'books' starting page and your 'book list' would be near perfect. i especially like the extra infos (current page, annotation icon).

edit: corrected spelling error

Last edited by vvoi666; 07-23-2006 at 09:25 AM.
vvoi666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:35 AM   #20
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvoi666
this 'two view' booklist is great tribble.
a combination of my 'books' starting page and your 'book list' would be near perfect. i especially like the extra infos (current page, annotation icon).
Yap, a combination of several file views would be great. Even better if one would have the ability to adjust it to your own needs to some extend.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #21
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2
And I justed installed WinXP for Arm to be able to run my favorite web-browser: Opera

Seeing is believing, isn't it?
I have a NCR 3125. Wacon tablet, display b/w 600x400, processor i386DX. It came with a newly designed user interface, "penpoint". basically all the applications were "sheets" of e-paper and you always move from a window to another using "tabs". In the practical no very different of the modern system when all the windows are full screen, but it had a very powerful object embedding method.

Regretly nobody developed applications for this OS because Microsoft released... "Windows 3.1 for Pen".
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:00 PM   #22
iliadslave
iliadslave began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad (2nd Edition)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
This is more like what i want to see (just a quick sketch).
Especially, the status indicators (current page/totalpage) and if notes are taken. (maybe a bookmark indicator aswell, and a button to jump to the bookmarkpage directly)
A search button and a way to select the sort order.
Tribble,

How can I make my content lister show more like in your post?

I've been looking around and I'm not sure whether your solution exists. Please, give me a hint. Thanks.
iliadslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:03 AM   #23
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Unfortunately that was just a very good mock-up.

Tribble's design of the contentlister contravenes the 11th commandment:
Quote:
"Thou shalt not have more than 6 items in the contentlister"
When Moses originally received the iliad tablet on the mountain it had all 11 commandments, but on his way down he tripped and dropped it. This caused damage to the screen and lineouts that obliterated the 11th commandment. Worse still he didn't get the iliad from the original supplier but instead he haggled for it on heavenBay, and it was no longer under warranty. When he saw the price of getting someone to look at it, let alone replace the screen, he decided that the first 10 commandments were pretty useful and that the 11th was a bit odd anyway so he didn't tell anyone about it. And thus the 11th commandment was lost and few people know that there can only ever be 6 items in the contentlister.
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:07 AM   #24
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Okay also participating in this diggup.

Nowadays my primary use of the iLiad is as notetaker. I'm just too sluggish to work well with paper. My paper scribblings get crumbled, mixed and finally lost or completly out-of-context stored in a hugh staple. So I see the iLiad as a chance to organize my scribblings.

However the "Notes" View has IMHO some real drawbacks.
* First I usually use "Lines" as background, now the more and more notes I get which name is before "L", the "Lines.png" note generater to make a new note moves further and further back into content listing. This is somehow redicolous, new notes should always be creatable from first page.

* I have been offered no UI-way to organize my notes into folders, its just one hugh list :-( I know I could use ssh login to get a shell and mkdir's and mv's to create folders, but this is too much for a sluggish. I want to be able to make this with my stylus.

Last edited by axel77; 06-26-2008 at 07:07 AM.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:32 AM   #25
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
@daudi: I like your humor very much

But when I think about it.... maybe you have a point.
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #26
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
* First I usually use "Lines" as background, now the more and more notes I get which name is before "L", the "Lines.png" note generater to make a new note moves further and further back into content listing. This is somehow redicolous, new notes should always be creatable from first page.

* I have been offered no UI-way to organize my notes into folders, its just one hugh list :-( I know I could use ssh login to get a shell and mkdir's and mv's to create folders, but this is too much for a sluggish. I want to be able to make this with my stylus.
First, you can change the names of the template files. Put something like "!" at the beginning of the names of each of the templates. That will force them to the top of the list. It's not an ideal solution, but it will work.

Second, there are a couple of file manager applications that have been ported to the iLiad. I recommend that you install one of these. emelFM2 is pretty good.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote