Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
eBook Library Wishlist limits

Recently I spent some time trolling through the eBook Store looking for books that I might want to read while on vacation. I added a bunch of books to my wishlist as I browsed, figuring that I'd go back through the wishlist later and select a handful of books. However, once I opened the wishlist I quickly discovered that I could only view the first page of the wishlist. If I clicked the link for the second page (or the arrow to take me to the next page), the eBook Library software simply displayed the first page again.

Yesterday, I contacted Sony Support about the issue. I received a very prompt email response telling me to call Sony Support which I did. The tech with whom I spoke had no clue and had to "research" the issue for a few minutes. He then told me that it was a known problem in the software that would be addressed in when v3 of the eBook Library software was released "this summer". I asked if there was a workaround and he said that I should simply delete some books from my wishlist. I explained that the books were in my wishlist because I might want to BUY them. He electronically shrugged his shoulders.

It is so frustrating when companies like Sony refuse to release interim product updates and patches to correct known problems so that they can wait to release a "major" update, especially when those problems have a direct impact on their ability to make money (in this case by selling books). Grrr.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
... a known problem in the software that would be addressed in when v3 of the eBook Library software was released "this summer".
At least we know an update is scheduled for this summer!
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Can you tell us how many books were in your wish list? I've had like 100 in there with no problems.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
If I recall, there were (are) 63 books in my wishlist. I did experiment and deleted a few from the first page and it did (as expected) move a few from page 2 to page 1. But I still can't get to page 2.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
ebook wish list

I have had the same problem, but I dislike talking to the tech support, so I have just been suffering in silence. I am pleased they may be correcting the problem and perhaps I'll be inspired to call tech support myself, i wonder if I'll get someone who won't make me want to tear my hair out. or perhaps not.
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert