Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
PaweL_L
Greetings from Poland :-)
PaweL_L began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
The Eight Patterns of Humour by Alastair Clarke

It takes only eight simple patterns to imagine or express every instance of humour that has ever occurred, regardless of civilization, culture or personal taste.

http://www.pyrrhichouse.co.uk/book-i...-of-humour.php
PaweL_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks, I got it. It is poorly formatted, looks like a home scanning job, and will be difficult to read, even on a PC. Are you sure it is OK to share it with everyone? Are you the author or do you have permission to share it?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
The link leads to a publisher's site where all the books are by the same author. I think that this is probably his way of trying to get some publicity for his work.
Evidently, he's not very familiar with ebook technology.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The link leads to a publisher's site where all the books are by the same author. I think that this is probably his way of trying to get some publicity for his work.
Evidently, he's not very familiar with ebook technology.
Perhaps that's the humor in the title, or perhaps of the site?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I skimmed the TOC when I downloaded it, and it looks like it might be worth dealing with the bad formatting. Sort of an academic look at the roots of humor. I'm interested enough in the subject to struggle with the poor quality. It's pages scanned from the textbook or journal, 2 columns per page, very tiny. I will print it out and blow it up big on the office copier in order to read it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
nicoh
nicoh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Looks better

They must have been listening... I have just downloaded the eight patterns book and it is single page layout. So an easier read, if I can understand it!
nicoh is offline   Reply With Quote